RF Phase Shifters: Introduction
- An RF phase shifter is a device that provides an output signal with an equal amplitude to the input signal with minimum signal loss. Any loss during the transmission phase is accounted to the insertion loss of the component.
- RF phase shifter devices are used to change the transmission phase angle of an input signal of high frequency by adding a small amount of delay to it and mixing it with a non-delayed signal in such a way that certain frequencies are in or out of phase with one another
- RF phase shifters are categorized into three types: analog phase shifters, digital phase shifters, and mechanical phase shifters. In analog phase shifters, the phase shift is controlled by the voltage level. In digital phase shifters, the phase shift is digitally controlled via a computer interface, while, in mechanical phase shifters, it is manually controlled with a knob.
- RF phase shifters are used in satellite communication, beamforming modules, modules with connectors, surface mount applications, and rack mount applications
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Rise in Demand for RF Phase Shifters for Use in Surface Mount Applications
- RF phase shifters are largely used in surface mount applications such as test and measurement, radar, and cellular
- The use of RF phase shifters in surface mount applications provide precise control for the 180° or 360° phase
- Furthermore, insertion loss in surface mount applications is low, which helps transmit the signal over a long distance through transmission cables with minimum loss. Owing to this, RF phase shifters are increasingly being used in cellular applications across the globe.
- RF phase shifters are operational in applications of up to several GHz frequency and these shifters can be customized as per the application requirement at a small additional cost. As a result of these advantages, the demand for RF phase shifters in surface mount applications is increasing. This is expected to drive the global RF phase shifter market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Digital Phase Shifter Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Digital phase shifter is a type of RF phase shifter. Digital phase shifters are significantly used in the semiconductor industry, as they are programmable and they can be controlled via a computer interface.
- Technological advancements in digital phase shifters have enabled the user to connect the device to a computer via a USB (universal serial bus) connector
- Moreover, digital phase shifters are increasingly being used in RF distortion, amplitude and phase modulation, fiber optics, and variable attenuators. This is propelling the global market for RF phase shifters.
- Thus, rise in the use of digital phase shifters in electric and electronic applications is anticipated to drive the global RF phase shifter market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global RF phase shifter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global RF phase shifter market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region
- The RF phase shifter market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global RF phase shifter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for RF phase shifters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global RF phase shifter market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infinite Electronics International, Inc.
- Telemakus LLC
- AMCOM Communications
- Clear Microwave, Inc.
- Crane Electronics
- Holzworth Instrumentation, Inc.
- Mercury Systems, Inc.
- Microwave Solutions Inc.
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- G.T. Microwave, Inc.
- Pulsar Microwave Corporation
- AELIUS SEMICONDUCTORS PTE. LTD.
- SuperApex Corporation
Global RF Phase Shifter Market: Research Scope
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Type
- Analog Phase Shifters
- Digital Phase Shifters
- Mechanical Phase Shifters
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Application
- Satellite Communication
- Beamforming Modules
- Modules with Connectors
- Surface Mount
- Rack Mount
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.