RF Phase Shifters: Introduction
- An RF phase shifter is a device that provides an output signal with an equal amplitude to the input signal with minimum signal loss. Any loss during the transmission phase is accounted to the insertion loss of the component.
- RF phase shifter devices are used to change the transmission phase angle of an input signal of high frequency by adding a small amount of delay to it and mixing it with a non-delayed signal in such a way that certain frequencies are in or out of phase with one another
- RF phase shifters are categorized into three types: analog phase shifters, digital phase shifters, and mechanical phase shifters. In analog phase shifters, the phase shift is controlled by the voltage level. In digital phase shifters, the phase shift is digitally controlled via a computer interface, while, in mechanical phase shifters, it is manually controlled with a knob.
- RF phase shifters are used in satellite communication, beamforming modules, modules with connectors, surface mount applications, and rack mount applications
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Rise in Demand for RF Phase Shifters for Use in Surface Mount Applications
- RF phase shifters are largely used in surface mount applications such as test and measurement, radar, and cellular
- The use of RF phase shifters in surface mount applications provide precise control for the 180° or 360° phase
- Furthermore, insertion loss in surface mount applications is low, which helps transmit the signal over a long distance through transmission cables with minimum loss. Owing to this, RF phase shifters are increasingly being used in cellular applications across the globe.
- RF phase shifters are operational in applications of up to several GHz frequency and these shifters can be customized as per the application requirement at a small additional cost. As a result of these advantages, the demand for RF phase shifters in surface mount applications is increasing. This is expected to drive the global RF phase shifter market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Digital Phase Shifter Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Digital phase shifter is a type of RF phase shifter. Digital phase shifters are significantly used in the semiconductor industry, as they are programmable and they can be controlled via a computer interface.
- Technological advancements in digital phase shifters have enabled the user to connect the device to a computer via a USB (universal serial bus) connector
- Moreover, digital phase shifters are increasingly being used in RF distortion, amplitude and phase modulation, fiber optics, and variable attenuators. This is propelling the global market for RF phase shifters.
- Thus, rise in the use of digital phase shifters in electric and electronic applications is anticipated to drive the global RF phase shifter market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global RF phase shifter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global RF phase shifter market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region
- The RF phase shifter market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global RF phase shifter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for RF phase shifters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global RF phase shifter market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infinite Electronics International, Inc.
- Telemakus LLC
- AMCOM Communications
- Clear Microwave, Inc.
- Crane Electronics
- Holzworth Instrumentation, Inc.
- Mercury Systems, Inc.
- Microwave Solutions Inc.
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- G.T. Microwave, Inc.
- Pulsar Microwave Corporation
- AELIUS SEMICONDUCTORS PTE. LTD.
- SuperApex Corporation
Global RF Phase Shifter Market: Research Scope
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Type
- Analog Phase Shifters
- Digital Phase Shifters
- Mechanical Phase Shifters
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Application
- Satellite Communication
- Beamforming Modules
- Modules with Connectors
- Surface Mount
- Rack Mount
Global RF Phase Shifter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.