The applications of the filters are extremely wide in today’s technology world. They are demanded in various configurations and sets, especially in the communication devices where small size, low cost, light weight, and high performance are required. Filters are the devices that transmit signal within the given bandwidth (low pass, high pass and band pass) while suppressing the signals with frequency outside the band pass. One such filters type is the RF acoustic wave filter. Acoustic filters are capable of providing both low and high frequencies up to 6GHz. RF acoustic wave filters uses technologies of the acoustic devices such as Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) and Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW). These devices use piezoelectric substrate for the propagation of acoustic wave through it playing a major important role in wireless communications due to their guaranteed spectral integrity of radio frequency signals. They are the electromechanical devices that are used in broad range of radio frequency applications that provides frequency selection, control and signal processing capabilities.
Increasing use of smartphones and electronic devices are the major factors for the use of increasing RF acoustic wave filters. From the days of the mobile phones, the SAW filters have been in used, however the BAW filters have come up recently. Both SAW filter and BAW filter technologies have their own advantages. SAW filters are used at low frequency (up to 1.5 GHz) while BAW filters are used at high frequency (from 2 GHz to 6 GHz). Due to the increasing demand of high end smartphones and electronic devices, more filters are required. Low insertion loss, good rejection of adjacent bands, highly efficient, compact design and steeper slopes makes the RF acoustic filters more advantageous as compared to others. One of the major restraints that RF acoustic filters are facing include its inoperability into liquids and also the piezoelectric substrates are temperature dependent. However, with the increase in frequencies the size of the BAW filters can be decreased, making them ideal for the demanding 3G, 4G and 5G applications. Also due to its less sensitivity to temperature variation at broad bandwidths the RF acoustic filters delivers very low loss and steep filter skirts.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.