Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market: Introduction
- Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) is a popular in vitro method and has an important application in the medical science and biomaterial industry. DNA: RNA is utilized as a template for reverse transcription. Reverse transcriptase enzyme uses mRNA to produce cDNA, a single stranded DNA. This process is known as reverse transcription. In a further process, the DNA polymerase converts single stranded cDNA into double stranded DNA, which could be used as a template for PCR reaction. Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction is utilized in a laboratory to study gene expression, in the diagnosis of genetic diseases, and in pharmacotherapy. RT-PCR is primarily used to measure mRNA level and the surface proteins and is feasible in the clinical laboratories.
- RT-PCR is used in detecting the mRNAs, pre-mRNAs, non-coding RNA, and other types of RNA. RT-PCR requires buffer, thermocyclers, nucleotides, template, and enzyme for constructing RT-PCR products. RT-PCR is used as a diagnostic tool for severe acute respiratory syndrome, including Coronavirus indication. RT-PCR test is a rapid and reliable diagnostic assay for detecting coronavirus disease. COVID-19 is a recently emerged coronavirus, an infectious disease with higher viral load and flu like symptoms such as cough, fever, and breathing difficulty. This new infection has driven the demand for effective diagnostic tools, which is projected to augment the global RT-PCR kits market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market
- Increase in incidence of infectious diseases and genetic disorders across the globe is a major driver of the global RT-PCR kits market. Technological advancements, increase in investments in research & development, and efficient diagnostic tools are anticipated to augment the global reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market. Emergence of COVID-19 has driven the need of better diagnostic tools, which is expected to propel the global RT-PCR kits market. Moreover, increase in incidence of HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, and other genetic disorders is likely to boost demand for RT-PCR kits during the forecast period.
- RT-PCR kits are effectively used in the detection of COVID-19, as these are highly sensitive and deliver faster diagnosis compared to other diagnostic tests. Compared to other virus isolation techniques, real time PCR has lower contamination error and offers faster results. This effectiveness of RT-PCR technique as a diagnostic tool is projected to drive the global RT-PCR kits market during the forecast period. Presence of key players offering RT-PCR kits s is also anticipated to boost the growth of the global market in the next few years. RT-PCR is conducted in closed tube, which is widely preferred as an accurate method for detection of coronavirus. Adulterated food products drive demand for quantitative diagnosis of the biological contaminants in the food, which is likely to present significant opportunities in the RT-PCR kits market in the near future. Private laboratories such as a Mylab and Altona Diagnostics are instructed to supply RT-PCR COVID tests to various laboratories. This is expected to fuel the growth of the global market in the next few years. Companies such as Seegene and SD Biosensor received approval for RT-PCR based diagnostic test for COVID 19 diseases in India in 2019. This is likely to drive the global RT-PCR kits market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market Report
North America to Lead Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market during the forecast period. This is attributed to higher adoption rate of innovative RT-PCR kits, increase in incidence of infectious and chronic disease including COVID-19, rise in investments in research & development, surge in health care expenditure, technological advancements, and fast approval of novel devices. Around 400,549 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in the U.S. as of April 2020. This is anticipated to boost the RT-PCR kits market in the region. Moreover, presence of key players in North America is a major factor driving the RT-PCR kits market in the region.
- Europe was the second largest market for reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits in 2019, followed by Asia Pacific. Increase in incidence of infectious diseases and technological advancements are expected to drive the reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market in Europe. Moreover, availability of laboratory testing and research & development facilities and presence of pharmaceutical companies are likely to drive the RT-PCR kits market in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in incidence of coronavirus, efficient diagnostic procedures, developing health care infrastructure, and surge in incidence of infectious diseases including malaria, tuberculosis, and HIV.
Key Players Operating in Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market
The global reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market is established, with the presence of a number of key players. Major players operating in the global reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction kits market are:
- Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- Takara Bio, Inc.,
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Merck KGaA
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- altona Diagnostics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc.
- Cole-Parmer Instrument Company LLC
- Bioneer Corporation
- Mylab Discovery Solutions
- biomérieux S.A
- Other Prominent Players
Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market, by Product Type
Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market, by Application
- Human Genetic Testing
- Infectious Diseases Testing
- Blood Screening
- Food Screening
Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Global Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Kits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.