Reusable Surgical Instrument Market: Introduction
- Reusable surgical instruments are devices that can be reprocessed and reused by healthcare providers to treat multiple patients. Examples of reusable medical devices are surgical forceps, endoscopes, and stethoscopes.
- These devices are designed and labelled for numerous purposes and are reconstituted for use between successive patients with thorough cleaning coupled with high decontamination or sterilization. They are made from materials that can endure repeated reprocessing, including the use of chemicals and manual brushing.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market
- Increase in geriatric population worldwide is expected to drive the demand for reusable surgical Instruments due to an increase in the prevalence of diseases and disorders among the population and consequently, increase in the number of surgeries performed
- Increase in expenditure on healthcare, rise in demand for plastic and reconstructive surgery, and a surge in the demand for technologically advanced minimal invasive surgical procedures are also expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Moreover, reusable surgical equipment are widely utilized by surgeons around the globe to reduce overhead costs, in particular surgeons operating in small medical settings or an ambulatory surgical Centre (ASC) setting. Strong government regulations and a lack of proper reimbursement for surgical equipment is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to increase the demand for reusable surgical instruments. Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases in developing countries offers considerable opportunities for the global reusable surgical instrument market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market
- The market for reusable surgical equipment is analyzed regionally across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. North America dominates the global market for surgical equipment, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Expansion of the market in North America and Europe is driven primarily by the advent of new technologies, an increase in geriatric population, a favorable regulatory framework, and a high disposable income in these regions.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly due to expansion of the medical tourism industry, increase in demand to cater to unmet health needs, improvement in healthcare infrastructure and a rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases requiring surgical procedures in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market
The global reusable surgical instrument market is highly consolidated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global reusable surgical instrument market.
Major players operating in the global reusable surgical instrument market are listed below:
- Medtronic Plc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Johnsons And Johnsons
- Conmed Corporation
- Zimmer Holdings Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Alcon Laboratories Inc.
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- KLS Martin Group
Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market: Research Scope
Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market, by Device Type
- Critical devices
- Semi-critical devices
- Non-critical devices
Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market, by Application
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeries
- Wound Closure
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Global Reusable Surgical Instrument Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.