Retrovirus Testing Market: Introduction
- Retrovirus is a type of virus with RNA as its genetic material. It is composed of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase that converts RNA to DNA after infecting a cell. It then integrates its DNA into the host DNA for replication.
- Retroviruses are a group of viruses that belong to the Retroviridae family. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is one of the common retroviruses known to cause diseases in humans. Other forms of retroviruses include human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1), HTLV-2, HIV 1, and HIV 2.
- HTLV-1 is known to cause a type of cancer known as adult T-cell leukemia, and a neurodegenerative condition known as HTLV-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP). It was the first retrovirus to be discovered, detected, and isolated, followed by the HIV.
- Endogenous retroviruses (ERVs) are persistent features of genomes in various animals. Human ERVs are known to be distributed in the human genome over the course of evolution, making up to 4% of the human DNA.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Retrovirus Testing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Retrovirus Testing Market
- High prevalence of HIV and increase in awareness about the diagnosis of HIV are driving the global retrovirus testing market. According to UNAIDS, more than 37.9 million people were suffering from HIV at the end of 2018, and over 78% of the population was aware of carrying the infection.
- Retrovirus testing tools act as one of the efficient tools for the identification of the disease. These tolls provide quick results, with significantly high efficacy, thus boosting the retrovirus testing market.
- Rise in adoption of in-vitro assays for the diagnosis of retroviruses, owing to the increase in incidence of sexually transmitted diseases, and growth in investments in research and development, are propelling the global retrovirus testing market
- Introduction of technologically advanced and rapid retroviral infection detection technologies, increase in awareness about diagnostic tests, and rise in expenditure on the screening of retroviruses are anticipated to propel the global retrovirus testing market during the forecast period
- Lack of skilled professionals to perform the assays and high cost of retrovirus testing assays and diagnostic kits are projected to hamper the retrovirus testing market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Retrovirus Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global retrovirus testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global retrovirus testing market owing to the increase in awareness about the diagnosis of retrovirus, presence of well-established health care infrastructure, and growth in investments in research and development activities
- Europe followed North America for retrovirus testing in 2018. The region, in turn, was followed by Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. It is likely to be followed by the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Retrovirus Testing Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Retrovirus Testing Market
Leading players operating in the global retrovirus testing market include:
- Roche Diagnostics Ltd.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- bioMérieux SA
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Alere Inc.
Global Retrovirus Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Retrovirus Testing Market, by Test Type
- Infectivity Assay
- Serological Test
- Immunofluorescence Test
- Product Enhanced Reverse Transcriptase Assay
- Western Blotting Assay
Global Retrovirus Testing Market, by Technique
- High Throughput Screening
Global Retrovirus Testing Market, by Sample Type
- Body Fluid
Global Retrovirus Testing Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratory
Global Retrovirus Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.