Retinal Detachment: Introduction
- Retinal detachment refers to an emergency disorder in which a thin layer of tissue (the retina) at the back of the eye pulls away from its normal position.
- Retinal detachment separates the retinal cells from the layer of blood vessels that provides oxygen and nourishment. The longer retinal detachment goes untreated, the greater the risk of permanent vision loss in the affected eye.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Retinal Detachment Treatment Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Retinal Detachment Treatment Market
- According to World Health Organization (WHO) estimates, globally 180 million people are visually disabled and an estimated 40 and 45 million people are blind.
- As per WHO estimates, around 80% of global blindness is preventable i.e. either the condition can be addressed if the requisite knowledge and medical interventions are provided at the right time or results from the certain conditions that can be prevented
- Concerted awareness efforts are been made by the international community including organizations such as WHO and its member states, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), the private sector, and other UN agencies
- The global eye health action plan 2014–2019 purposes to decrease avoidable visual impairment as a global public health problem and to secure access to rehabilitation services for the visually impaired. This in turn is likely to propel the global retinal detachment treatment market during the forecast period
- As per the action plan, the multilateral organizations along with their member states have set a target of reducing the number of patient cases of avoidable visual impairment by 25% in 2019 from the baseline established by WHO in 2010.
- Demand for efficient diagnostic devices is also increasing owing to rapid technological advances. Novel technological platforms are no doubt highly efficient; however, they are available at high prices initially.
- The cost of ophthalmic laser treatment is considerably high owing to the high cost of the laser devices, which makes them unaffordable for low- and middle-income groups. In addition, installation and service costs are high. The average price of ophthalmic lasers is likely to be valued in the range of US$ 20,000 to US$ 75,000, while treatments are priced at over US$ 2,077 per eye for LASIK refractive correction surgery. This might have a negative impact on the market during the forecast period.
Supportive Therapy to Lead the Global Market
- The global retinal detachment treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, end-user, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global retinal detachment treatment market can be divided into pneumatic retinopexy, scleral buckle surgery, vitrectomy, laser surgery (photocoagulation), and supportive therapy. Pneumatic retinopexy is projected to be the fastest growing segment of the global retinal detachment treatment market.
- Based on end-user, the global retinal detachment treatment market can be classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgery centers
North America to Dominate the Market
- The global retinal detachment treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounts for dominant share of the retinal detachment treatment market owing to a high patient pool for eye disorders as well as large number of patients undergoing eye surgeries in comparison to other regions
- Additionally, government support in the form of funding for research & development in the field of ophthalmology treatment is anticipated to help the region maintain its dominance during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Retinal Detachment Treatment Market
Leading players in the global retinal detachment treatment market include:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Meridian AG
- Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd.
Global Retinal Detachment Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Retinal Detachment Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Pneumatic Retinopexy
- Scleral Buckle Surgery
- Laser Surgery (Photocoagulation)
- Supportive Therapy
Global Retinal Detachment Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.