Respiratory Tract Infection: Introduction
- Causes of respiratory tract infection vary significantly across each indication, and include factors such as environment, occupation, genetic predisposition, and aging
- The burden of respiratory illnesses is increasing across the world. According to the World Health Organization, 290,000 to 650,000 people succumb to flu-related causes globally every year.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), influenza caused 9 million to 45 million illnesses annually in the U.S. since 2010. During this period, there were between 140,000 and 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 and 61,000 deaths every year. In the U.S., there were 500,000 hospitalizations during influenza season 2016–2017, which increased to nearly 810,000 in 2017–2018
- In the European Union, seasonal influenza results in 4 million to 50 million symptomatic cases every year, with 70,000 deaths
Key Drivers of Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market
- The global respiratory tract infection market is driven by rise in prevalence of respiratory disorders, increase in geriatric population, and surge in focus on development of technologically advanced products
- According to the World Health Organization, currently, 235 million people across the world are suffering from asthma and 338,000 deaths due to asthma were reported in 2015
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 13 people has asthma in the U.S.
- According to Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, currently, about 6.2 million children aged 18 and younger are suffering from asthma in the U.S. In 2017, 1 in every 12 children had asthma.
- Adoption of respiratory disorder management has increased among the elderly population in the past few years due rise in prevalence in this age group and the number of difficulties faced by the population in managing the disorders. Additionally, the elderly find it difficult to use handheld inhalers due to physical and cognitive impairment.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Respiratory Tract Infection Market
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of infection type, the global respiratory tract infection market can be bifurcated into upper respiratory tract infection and lower respiratory tract infection
- The upper respiratory tract infection segment accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to high incidence of upper respiratory tract infection
Topical Treatment to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on treatment type, the global respiratory tract infection market can be classified into topical treatment and drug treatment. Topical treatment can be split into cough suppressant, nasal decongestant, and others. Drug treatment can be segregated into drug treatment, antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDS), and others.
- The topical treatment segment is projected to account for major share of the global respiratory tract infection market by 2030 owing to increase in incidence of respiratory disorders across the globe. Additionally, constantly changing climatic conditions due to global warming and pollution have accentuated the risk of developing upper respiratory tract disorders, which require topical treatment.
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global respiratory tract infection market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global market during the forecast period due to large inventory maintained by hospitals and availability of essential drugs at hospital pharmacies.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Respiratory Tract Infection Market
- In terms of region, the global respiratory tract infection market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the global market in 2019 owing to increase in cases of respiratory disease such as asthma, COPD, and allergic rhinitis; rise in the number of FDA approvals for products in different respiratory diseases, and numerous product launches in the U.S. Moreover, increase in concerns about respiratory disease management including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment drives the market in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market
The global respiratory tract infection market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global respiratory tract infection market are:
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Alcon, Inc.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Verona Pharma plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Sandoz, Inc.
Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market: Research Scope
Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market, by Infection Type
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market, by Treatment Type
- Topical Treatment
- Cough Suppressant
- Nasal Decongestant
- Drug Treatment
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAIDS)
Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Respiratory Tract Infection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.