Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market: Introduction
- Respiratory infections are caused by virus, bacteria, or other microbes, which further infect the respiratory system including the lungs, throat, and airways. Spread of infections is often through mucus and saliva that is usually expelled when the person sneezes, coughs, or laughs. Virus or bacteria are also spread though droplets that are suspended in air, which causes respiratory infections. Furthermore, some people can be infected by exposure to virus or bacteria on surfaces, or by contact with contaminated hands. Respiratory infectious diseases includes Coronavirus diseases (COVID-19), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), pneumonia, influenza diseases, tuberculosis, whooping cough (Pertussis), enterobius, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Recent pandemic resulting into widespread of the COVID 19 infections, across globe is a major factor boosting the need of the treatment of the same during forecast period. As per current statistics, in April 2020, 4.5 million people across globe are infected with COVID 19 diseases, and this is likely to impact the need of various drugs in managing the same condition. No treatment is currently available for this particular infectious disease; however, some drug classes are prescribed to manage the disease.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Respiratory Infectious Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory infectious diseases, such as Coronavirus diseases, MERS, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, tuberculosis, pertussis, and influenza, is projected to drive the global respiratory infectious disease treatment market. According to data published in January 2020, 2519 laboratory-con?rmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), were reported, which includes 866 associated deaths globally. Majority of cases reported were from Saudi Arabia (2121 cases), including 788 related deaths with a higher fatality rate of 37.1%. Moreover, the emergence of COVID 19 pandemic has driven the demand for drugs to manage the disease. According to statistics, as of April 2020, there were around 3.45 million cases of COVID-19 globally, which drives the respiratory infections disease treatment marke
- Rapid rise in burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and other lung diseases such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, is estimated to boost the respiratory infectious disease treatment market. Rise in COPD patient population and the number of people smoking is a key factor boosting the market of the respiratory infectious disease treatment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Respiratory Infectious Disease Treatment Market Report
North America to Lead Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global respiratory infectious disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global respiratory infectious disease treatment market during the forecast period due to an increase in burden of COVID-19, well-developed health care infrastructure, and increasing prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, flu diseases, whooping cough, and other respiratory infections. This is anticipated to augment the Respiratory infectious disease treatment market in the region. COPD is considered to be the third-leading cause of death in the U.S., and fourth-leading cause of death across the world. According to an article published on Verywell Health, COPD affects around 11 million people in the U.S. and occurs in people over the age of 40. This statistics drives the demand for the treatment of respiratory infectious diseases.
- Europe was the second-largest market for respiratory infectious diseases followed by Asia Pacific, owing to the rising prevalence of COPD disease in the region. For instance, according to the European Respiratory Nurses Association (ERNA), 259,000 people die of COPD each year in the EU. Moreover, rising cases of COVID 19 in Italy, Spain, U.K. and other countries across Europe is boosting the need for treatment of respiratory infectious diseases across the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic and key players involved in manufacturing generic drugs for the treatment of the disease.
Key Players Operating in Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market
The global respiratory infectious disease treatment market is fragmented, owing to the presence of a large number of players. Major players operating in the global respiratory infectious disease treatment market are:
- Mylan N.V
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Ipca Laboratories
- Cipla Inc
- Zydus Cadila
Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Coronavirus Infections
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- Influenza diseases
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Tetracyclines (Doxycycline)
- β-lactam antibiotic (Amoxicillin)
- Fluoroquinolone (Ciprofloxacin)
- Aminoglycoside (Gentamicin)
- Antimalarial (hydroxychloroquine)
- Short-acting bronchodilators
- Long-acting bronchodilators
Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Respiratory infectious disease treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.