Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Respiratory infections are caused by virus, bacteria, and other microbes, which further infect the respiratory system including the lungs, throat, and airways. Spread of infections is often through mucus and saliva that is usually expelled when the person sneezes, coughs, or laughs. Few of the germs are also spread though droplets that spread through air and also spread through travelling, which causes respiratory infections. Furthermore, some people can be infected by touching the remaining microbes on the surface, or touching contaminated hands. Various respiratory infectious diseases include Coronavirus diseases (COVID-19), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), pneumonia, influenza diseases, tuberculosis, whooping cough (Pertussis), enterobius, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Recent pandemic resulting into widespread COVID 19 infections across the globe is a major factor that is estimated to boost the demand for diagnosis during forecast period. As per current statistics, in April 2020, 6.08 million people across globe were infected with COVID 19 diseases, and this is likely to impact the need for rapid diagnostics testing. is likely to boost the respiratory infectious diagnostics market during forecast period.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory infectious diseases, such as Coronavirus diseases, MERS, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, tuberculosis, pertussis, and influenza, is projected to drive the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market. According to data published in January 2020, 2519 laboratory-con?rmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), were reported, which includes 866 associated deaths globally. Majority of cases reported were from Saudi Arabia (2121 cases), including 788 related deaths with a higher fatality rate of 37.1%. Moreover, the emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has driven the demand for faster diagnosis. According to statistics, in May 2020, there were around 6.08 million COVID-19 cases reported globally, which boosts the need for early diagnosis of diseases.
- Rapid rise in burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, and other lung diseases such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, is estimated to boost the respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market. Furthermore, rising lower respiratory infectious disease drives the need for early detection, which further drivers the demand for diagnostics tests.
North America to Lead Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market during the forecast period due to an increase in burden of COVID-19, well-developed health care infrastructure, and increasing prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, flu diseases, whooping cough, and other respiratory infections. Adoption of rapid diagnostics tests for faster diagnosis of respiratory infectious diseases is another key factor that is anticipated to augment the respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market in the region. As per CDC statistics, in May 2020, the Real-Time Reverse Transcriptase (RT)-PCR Diagnostic Panel is efficient in detecting the SARS-CoV-2 virus in respiratory specimens. The USFDA also offered its Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for this test in February 2020.
- Europe was the second-largest market for respiratory infectious diseases followed by Asia Pacific, owing to the rising prevalence of COPD disease in the region. For instance, according to the European Respiratory Nurses Association (ERNA), 259,000 people die of COPD each year in the EU. Moreover, rising cases of COVID 19 in Italy, Spain, the U.K. and other countries across Europe is boosting the need for diagnosis of respiratory infectious diseases across the region. In Feb 2020, with respect to rising COVID diseases, the molecular diagnostics tests, serology tests, and antigen tests have been approved for faster diagnosis of the COVID 19 disease. This is anticipated to boost the market in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
The global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market is fragmented, owing to the presence of a large and small number of players. Major players operating in the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market are:.
Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Disease Type
- Coronavirus Infections
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)Pneumonia
- Influenza diseases
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Diagnostics Test Type
- Rapid diagnostic Tests
- Lateral-flow immuno chromatographic tests and small panels
- Multiplex molecular panels
- Imaging Tests
- Antigen Detection Assays
- Rapid Immunoassays
- Direct Fluorescent Antibody Tests
- Serological Tests
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests(PCR)
Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.