Global Renal Colic Treatment Market: Introduction
Renal colic is a symptom of urinary stones. Renal colic is pain that occurs due to a stone in the urinary tract. The stone stretches the surrounding area of the tissue while trying to pass through, which can be painful. A stone can cause obstruction and hydronephrosis of the ureter, decreasing the rate of ureteral peristalsis, and causing urine to back up into the kidney. As the stone migrates distally and approaches the bladder, the patient may experience dysuria, urinary frequency, urgency, or difficulty in urination. Diagnosis is made through a combination of history and physical exam, laboratory, and imaging studies. Basic metabolic panel (BMP) should be obtained to assess for renal function, dehydration, acid-base status, and electrolyte balance. Symptoms of renal colic include pain in the back, side or groin, blood in the urine, abnormally colored urine, fever, chills, and nausea with or without vomiting. The management of renal stones is by a professional team that consists of a nephrologist, emergency department physician, radiologist, urologist, and a primary care provider.
Key Drivers of Global Renal Colic Treatment Market
Growing Incidence of Urolithiasis
The incidence and prevalence of urinary stones is rising around the world. Developing countries have been slower to adopt URS technology and continue to use percutaneous nephrolithotomy at a steady rate. Recent decades have seen an increase in the incidence and prevalence of pediatric urolithiasis. According to Asian Journal of Urology, in Asia, about 1%–19.1% of the population suffer from urolithiasis. The prevalence of urolithiasis is 5%–19.1% in West Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, as well as some developed countries (South Korea and Japan), whereas, it is only 1%–8% in most part of East Asia and North Asia. The worldwide prevalence, incidence, and composition of calculi have changed in the last several decades, with prevalence ranging from 7% to 13% in North America, 5%–9% in Europe, and 1%–5% in Asia.
Rise in Minimally-invasive Diagnosis
Development and deployment of modalities lead to invention of many minimally invasive therapeutic procedures. The future of imaging information for guidance of minimally invasive interventional procedures is in multimodality fusion. For instance, the power of image monitoring is in the application of energy for minimally invasive ablation of renal colic treatment. A number of other transformative innovations in multi-modality image guidance are significantly advancing the practice and benefit of minimally invasive therapies. This factor is expected to drive the renal colic treatment market in the near future.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Renal Colic Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global renal colic treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for renal colic treatment during the forecast period.
- The renal colic treatment market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in health care management.
Key Players Operating in Global Renal Colic Treatment Market
The global renal colic treatment market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of a number of key players. Leading players operating in the global renal colic treatment market include:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Convergent Laser Technologies
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- C.R. Bard Inc.
- Cook Medical Inc.
- Dornier MedTech GmbH
- Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market, by Type
- Calcium Oxalate Stones
- Uric Acid
- Struvite Kidney Stones
- Cystine Stones
- Calcium Phosphate Stones
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Ureteroscopy (URS)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) or Intravenous Urogram
- CT Scan
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Centers
Global Renal Colic Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.