Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market (Type: Computers [PCs and Workstations] and Laptops [Notebooks and Ultrabooks]; Distribution Channel: OEMs, Distributors, and Online; and End User: Enterprises [Small and Medium, and Large], Educational Institutes, Government, and Personal) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
E-waste and Emergence of Recommerce Platforms to Drive Market Growth in Asia Pacific
Customers are adopting cost-efficient methods to buy computers and laptops. Increasing awareness about e-waste is also persuading customers to opt for refurbished computers and laptops at affordable prices. Companies in the refurbished computers and laptops market are enacting upon stringent laws pertaining to e-waste and are introducing refurbished devices at pocket-friendly prices.
Asia Pacific is expected to account for the second highest revenue in the refurbished computers and laptops market, with an estimated value of ~US$ 1.4 Bn by the end of 2027. Moreover, India, one of the leading economies in Asia Pacific, has presented lucrative opportunities for companies in the refurbished computers and laptops market. Recently, the Government of India approved the import of second-hand electronics. This is likely to propel the growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market in India.
Another factor that is catalyzing market growth is the emergence of recommerce platforms. For instance, Togofogo - a startup for refurbished and pre-owned devices, revealed that along with smartphones, the company is keen on expanding to new verticals, such as refurbished laptops, in India.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market
Increased Focus on Expanding Product Portfolio with Adaptation to Changing Technology Standards
Companies in the refurbished computers and laptops market are adopting various strategies to gain credibility for second-hand devices. They are enhancing user experience by offering excellent reliability and versatility in devices. Individuals are increasingly opting for refurbished computers and laptops. As such, personal end user segment is anticipated to account for the second highest share of the refurbished computers and laptops market. The segment is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.3 Bn by the end of 2027.
Companies are increasing efficacy to offer a wide range of add-ons that elevate user experience. For instance, Evaris - an IT solutions specialist, supplies a range of security products and services, including privacy screens and locks to protect devices. Companies are expanding their product portfolio by providing a range of cybersecurity applications to individuals and organizations. They are shifting the processing capabilities of refurbished devices to cloud to meet storage demands of users.
Stringent Budgets in IT Sector Accelerate Demand for Refurbished Computers and Laptops
Budget constraints in the IT sector of developing economies, such as India, have catalyzed growth for the refurbished computers and laptops market. Hence, companies are targeting SMEs and large enterprises in the IT space. As such, enterprises account for the highest revenue amongst all end users in the refurbished computers and laptops market, with an estimated value of ~US$ 2.4 Bn by 2027.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Since information and communication technology departments of several businesses are challenged with significant budget cuts, there is a growing demand for refurbished equipment and computer peripherals. Growing concerns over data threats and security breach have compelled companies in the refurbished computers and laptops market to expand their product portfolio for cybersecurity products and services. IT companies looking to bolster their environment conscious credentials are increasingly adopting refurbished equipment to reduce e-waste.
Companies Improve Processing Power of Computers to Offer Longer-life Devices to Customers
In order to provide the best educational facilities to students, stakeholders in the education domain are purchasing refurbished computers and laptops. As such, educational institutes is projected to be a high growth potential end user segment and the third-highest revenue generator in the refurbished computers and laptops market. The segment is likely to reach a value of ~US$ 700 Mn by 2027. Thus, efforts are being made to help economically backward students gain access to computers at home. For instance, students at the Colorado Springs High School were offered free laptops and encouraged to receive college credit with better grades.
Moreover, companies in the refurbished computers and laptops market are improving processing power of computers to boost sales. Although laptops type segment account for the highest share of the refurbished computers and laptops market, companies are improving the functionality of computers based on the constantly evolving technology. However, moving parts of refurbished computers and laptops, such as spinning hard drives are prone to risks of technical failures. Hence, companies are replacing conventional hard drives with new SSDs (Solid State Drives) to enhance the machine’s durability and performance.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market
The refurbished computers and laptops market is expected to expand at a strong CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period. Online sales of refurbished devices is projected to increase in the coming years. Moreover, growth of IT and ITES is creating incremental opportunities for companies in the market landscape. However, the IT sector is estimated to experience a slight drop in certain regions, such as Pakistan, owing to economic downturn. Hence, companies should expand their reach in the IT sector, such as in India, to maintain a steady demand for refurbished computers and peripherals. They should invest in enhancing the processing power of refurbished computers, since most companies offer old generation of processors in computers.
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market: Overview
- The refurbished computers and laptops market is expected to register a CAGR of ~11% between 2019 and 2027. The market is projected to be driven by increasing initiatives by governments of developing countries to enhance digitization in rural areas.
- The global refurbished computers and laptops market is expected to reach US$ 4.9 Bn by 2027 from US$ 2.1 Bn in 2019. Increasing demand for refurbished devices from ITES and IT sectors is boosting the global refurbished computers and laptops market.
- The refurbished computers and laptops market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific
- Europe remains the dominant region in the global refurbished computers and laptops market, with revenues in 2019 estimated at ~US$ 800 Mn. Europe is the region where the highest amount of e-waste is converted into refurbished electronic products. Hence, Europe is a dominant region in the global refurbished computers and laptops market.
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness significant growth in the global refurbished computers and laptops market during the forecast period. Demand for refurbished computers and laptops is high due to the production of a large quantity of electronic products at cheaper rates when compared to other regions. China, where electronic products are cheap, is majorly driving the growth of the Asia Pacific refurbished computers and laptops market.
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market: Definition
- The refurbished computers and laptops market report provides analysis of the market for the period from 2017 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze growth drivers, which increase the value of the refurbished computers and laptops market, and how refurbished devices can enhance the operational functions as well as reduce the capex within an organization. Moreover, increased focus on reusing electronic products is driving the growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market.
- Most computer manufacturing companies use refurbished computers and laptops to remain competitive in the market. By selling refurbished devices, a company can minimize the loss on faulty manufacturing units.
Europe Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market: Snapshot
- Europe is one of the fastest growing regions in the world. The refurbished computers and laptops market in Europe is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing investments in converting e-waste into refurbished electronic products. This is expected to influence the growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market in Europe.
Key Challenges Faced by Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market Players
- Customers are not confident about the quality and performance of refurbished devices due to limited awareness about refurbished computers and laptops. Lifespan of these computers and laptops are considered to be short. Old computers and laptops are not well configured or they cannot be integrated with latest technology/advanced technology/components, which might affect the efficiency of the operations.
- Consequently, low awareness about used devices restrains the growth of the personal end user segment of the refurbished computers and laptops market.
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market: Key Developments
- In April 2018, ASUSTeK Computer Inc. entered into a long-term partnership with Flipkart, a prominent e-Commerce platform in India, which enabled Flipkart to become a premier ASUS partner and seller. This is expected to boost the online sales of refurbished ASUS computers and telecommunication and consumer electronics products.
- In February 2018, a global e-Commerce center was set up by Samsung Electronics in Andhra Pradesh, India to explore investment opportunities in various fields. This is expected to help Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. to penetrate with its refurbished electronic products in India.
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market: Company Profiles
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: Established in 1990, ASUSTeK Computer Inc. is focused on design, R&D, and sales of computers, and telecommunication and consumer electronics products (including PCs, main boards, other boards & cards, tablet PCs, smartphones, and other handheld devices). In 2008, the company initiated a project named Refurbished Computer Hope Engineering for environment protection. To date, ASUS has created accumulative recycling units of 345,900 disused computers and electronic devices.
- Reboot Systems: Founded in 2012, Reboot Systems primarily focuses on refurbishing used IT products such as desktops, laptops, mobility devices, and peripherals. The company is a Microsoft registered provider of refurbished products. The company sources used IT hardware and revitalizes the hardware, leveraging its world-class refurbishment processes & technologies, converting them into ‘Almost like New’ laptops and desktops.
- Dell Technologies Inc.: Established in 1984, Dell Technologies, Inc. is an innovator and provider of organizational infrastructure that helps customers transform IT, build their digital future, and protect their most important information stored across data centers. The company has subsidiaries such as Dell, SecureWorks, Dell EMC, Virtustream, Pivotal, RSA, and Vmware. Its product portfolio includes personal computers, servers, SAN storage, NAS storage, networking, computer software, smartphones, and network security.
- Other major players operating in the global refurbished computers and laptops market and profiled in the report include
- Apple Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- HP INC.
- Acer Inc.
- Companies are refurbishing computers and laptops to optimize their operational cost. This is helping them optimize their fixed cost in the refurbished computers and laptops market apart from maintaining their position in the global market.
Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global refurbished computers and laptops market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the refurbished computers and laptops market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the refurbished computers and laptops market, to illustrate how growth will discern during the forecast period of 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analysis, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the refurbished computers and laptops market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players’ has been featured in TMR’s study on the refurbished computers and laptops market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the refurbished computers and laptops market. In the study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the refurbished computers and laptops market, which will guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market
- What is the scope of growth of refurbished computer and laptop companies in terms of online business sales?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the refurbished computers and laptops market?
- Will Europe continue to dominate the market for refurbished computers and laptops?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global refurbished computers and laptops market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the refurbished computers and laptops market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the refurbished computers and laptops market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the refurbished computers and laptops market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary resources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from refurbished computers and laptops market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the refurbished computers and laptops market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the refurbished computers and laptops market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Refurbished Computers and Laptops Market
TMR’s study on the refurbished computers and laptops market includes information divided into four sections - by type, by distribution channel, by end user, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the refurbished computers and laptops market have been discussed in detail.
Middle East & Africa