Recycled Antimony: Introduction
- Antimony recycling is a process of converting battery scrap into reusable material. Secondary antimony is primarily derived from spent lead-acid batteries.
- Antimony recycling is an alternative to "conventional" waste disposal that can reduce primary metal consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Battery scrap offers various advantages. For instance, it is highly cost-effective, helps preserve natural resources, and has minimal energy consumption.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Recycled Antimony Market
- Rise in focus on secondary production of antimony to meet the significantly rising demand for antimony in various industries such as plastics, electronics, glass & ceramic, and flame retardants is a key factor driving the recycled antimony market. China is the major producer of antimony, with more than 70% share of global antimony production. The dependence on China combined with strong industrial demand for antimony has raised concerns over the supply security, especially since the abundance of antimony in the earth’s crust is quite low (0.2 ppm) and current reserves (1,800,000 t) allow for just 10–11 more years of production at the current speed. This is expected to propel the global recycled antimony market.
- Increase in volume of battery scrap and rise in efforts to reduce environmental impacts due to improper disposal of battery scrap are anticipated to drive the global recycled antimony market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- China is the major producer of antimony in the world due to the abundant availability of antimony reserves in the country. Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star, Guangxi Youngsun Chemicals, and Guangxi China Tin are some of the major producers of antimony in China.
- The coronavirus outbreak compelled the government of China to enforce a nationwide lockdown as part of measures to limit the spread of the virus. As a result, antimony producers such as Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star had to halt their production. This reduced the supply of antimony in the market.
- The price of antimony is directly linked with the supply of antimony. Therefore, decrease in supply of antimony led to an increase in prices of antimony.
Flame Retardant Application Segment to Hold Prominent Share of Global Recycled Antimony Market
- Based on application, the global recycled antimony market can be segregated into flame retardant, glass & ceramic, chemical intermediates, and others
- The flame retardant segment held major share of the global recycled antimony market in 2019. Introduction of fire safety standards to minimize the risk of fire is anticipated to propel the flame retardant application segment during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Recycled Antimony Market
- In terms of region, the global recycled antimony market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global recycled antimony market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in demand for packaging materials in several industries such as food & beverages. Strong economic growth, rise in standard of living, and increase in demand for packaging food are key factors propelling the demand for packaging materials in food & beverages industries. Furthermore, increase in usage of antimony flame retardants, lead-acid batteries, and plastics is estimated to drive the antimony market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
- The recycled antimony market in Europe is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in focus on reducing the import dependency of antimony in the region
- North America is also projected to hold vital share of the global recycled antimony market during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in expansion of lead smelting facilities to meet the rising demand for antimony among end-user industries
- The recycled antimony market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to increase in volume of lead-acid battery scrap in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Recycled Antimony Market
Leading companies operating in the global recycled antimony market include:
- Huachang Antimony
- DOWA HOLDINGS Co., Ltd
- Campine nv
- Globe Metal
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
Global Recycled Antimony Market: Research Scope
Global Recycled Antimony Market, by Application
- Flame Retardant
- Lead-acid Battery
- Chemical Intermediates
- Glass & Ceramic
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.