Recombinant Proteins: Introduction
- Recombinant protein is a manipulated form of protein, which is generated in various ways to produce large quantities of proteins, modify gene sequences, and manufacture useful commercial products. The formation of recombinant protein is carried out in specialized vehicles known as vectors.
- Recombinant proteins are utilized in the development of novel therapies for severe chronic diseases such as cancer and other rare diseases. Recombinant protein production requires a special technique known as recombinant DNA (rDNA) technology.
Key Drivers of Global Recombinant Proteins Market
- Increase in research and development expenditure on biologics drug from major market players is a major factor driving the global recombinant proteins market. Recombinant proteins require less clinical trial time as compared to small molecules, which helps enhance patient protection and provides pharmaceutical companies with longer exclusive sales time.
- Recombinant proteins are employed in the treatment of major chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, endocrine diseases, and viral diseases. Increase in prevalence of such type of diseases is estimated to drive the demand for recombinant protein containing products in the near future. According to World Health Organization, cancer is the second-leading cause of death, globally, and is responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer.
Hormone Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on product type, the global recombinant proteins market can be segmented into hormone, growth factor, cytokines, enzymes, and others
- The hormone segment accounted for a prominent share of the global recombinant proteins market in 2019. The segment is expected to dominate the recombinant proteins market due to its extensive utilization in the research and development of treatment options for diseases such as diabetes.
Therapeutic Use to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of application, the global recombinant proteins market can be divided into research application, therapeutic use, and biotechnology industry. Therapeutic use was a prominent segment, in terms of revenue, in 2019. It is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Recombinant protein containing products are used in the treatment of diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and inflammatory diseases. Increase in incidence of such type of diseases is likely to increase the demand for new treatment options. According to International Diabetes Federation, in 2019, approx. 463 million adults (20-79 years) were living with diabetes, and this value is projected to reach 700 million by 2045.
North America to Dominate Global Recombinant Proteins Market
- In terms of region, the global recombinant proteins market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global recombinant proteins market in 2019. It is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. Dominance of the region can be attributed to an increase in patients with cancer, diabetes, and other major chronic diseases and rising number of research and development programs and government funding. According to American Diabetes Association, around 34.2 million people in the U.S., or 10.5% of the population was suffering from diabetes in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significantly high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in prevalence of major chronic diseases in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global recombinant proteins market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.,
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Eli Lilly and Company.
- Merck KGaA
- Abcam PLC
- Amgen Inc.
- Sanofi SA
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc
Recombinant Proteins Market: Research Scope
Recombinant Proteins Market, by Product Type
- Growth Factor
Recombinant Proteins Market, by Application
- Research Application
- Therapeutic Use
- Biotechnology Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.