Rare Disease Genetic Testing: Introduction
- More than 7000 types of rare diseases affect more than 30 million people in the U.S. alone. Approximately 80% of the rare diseases are found to be genetic.
- Genetic testing is an advanced diagnostic tool that not only helps to identify the exact disease manifestations but also determine the underlying causes of genetic disorders
- Genetic testing offers various benefits including confirming a diagnosis, understanding the cause of unexplained symptoms, and identifying treatment options including clinical trials
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market
- Growth of molecular biology has transformed the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Modern test methods, based on the detection of DNA and RNA, offer several advantages over traditional methods for the detection of diseases. New procedures can detect viruses, bacteria, and genetic variations faster and much more accurately.
- New innovative technologies such as RT-PCR and sequencing are available in the market, which provide a comparatively less expensive method of diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selection in patients throughout their treatment plan. This helps physicians to frame appropriate therapeutic regimes for patients suffering from disease.
- Thus, continuous improvement in the technology is expected to drive the global rare disease genetic testing market during the forecast period
- Prevalence of autoimmune disease throughout modern societies has been increasing at a steady pace for the last few decades
- According to Autoimmunity Reviews, autoimmune diseases are a leading cause of death in the U.S. among young and middle aged people
- For instance, according to International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, the incidence of celiac diseases has increased in countries such as Scotland and Canada in the last 60 years
- Thus an increase in the incidence of these diseases is a key factor that is estimated to propel the global rare disease genetic testing market during the forecast period
Next-generation Sequencing to Offer Lucrative Growth Opportunities
- The global rare disease genetic testing market can be segmented based on technology, specialty, indication, end-user, and region
- In terms of technology, the global rare disease genetic testing market can be classified into next generation sequencing (whole exome sequencing and whole genome sequencing), array technology, PCR - based testing, FISH, sanger sequencing, and karyotyping
- Based on specialty, the market can be segmented into molecular genetic tests, chromosomal genetic tests, and biochemical genetic tests. In terms of indication, the global rare disease genetic testing market can be segmented into neurological disorders, immunological disorders, hematology diseases, endocrine & metabolism diseases, cancer, musculoskeletal disorders, cardiovascular disorders, dermatology diseases, and other rare diseases.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be categorized into research laboratories & CROs, hospitals & clinics, and diagnostic laboratories
North America & Europe to Dominate Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market
- The global rare disease genetic testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- High prevalence of different types of cancer and rising geriatric population in the region are some factors augmenting the market in North America. Rise in awareness regarding disease prevention and increasing adoption of advanced technological platforms for the development of various diagnostic tests are some factors boosting the market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market
Leading players in the global rare disease genetic testing market include:
- Centogene N.V.
- 3billion, Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific
- Invitae Corporation
Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market, by Technology Type
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Array Technology
- PCR - based Testing
- Sanger Sequencing
Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market, by Disease
- Neurological Disorders
- Immunological Disorders
- Hematology Diseases
- Endocrine & Metabolism Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Dermatology Diseases
- Other Rare Diseases
Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market, by Specialty Type
- Molecular Genetic Tests
- Chromosomal Genetic Tests
- Biochemical Genetic Tests
Global Rare Disease Genetic Testing Market, by End-user
- Research Laboratories & CROs
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.