Railway Couplers Market Introduction
- Railway couplers are used to connect rolling stock in a train to maximize the flexibility and convenience of railway systems.
- Railway couplers with high storage capacity are used to store large scale data such as drones, action cameras, and video surveillance systems.
- The growing trend of implementation of automation technologies and capturing high-definition pictures and videos across various sectors are driving the need for railway couplers.
- Apart from that, the concept of virtual coupling in railway coupler systems is gaining importance as virtual coupling allows trains to run closer without any physical contact. Virtual coupling enhances the effectiveness of railway freight services by decreasing the time required and cost associated with transportation. It also eliminates the need for mechanical coupling.
- Currently, the concept of virtual coupling is in the stage of research and development, though it is expected to gain importance in the next few years.
Railway Couplers Market Dynamics
- Investment in new railway projects driving the railway couplers market
- Globally, several countries are heavily investing in railway projects to improve their domestic as well as international connectivity and logistics channels.
- The Indian Government has approved multiple railway projects including construction of new railway lines and doubling of existing lines.
- In addition, China has invested significantly in railway networks development to connect several Asian and European countries. Similarly, several new railway projects are under planning and construction stages in multiple countries.
- However, railway projects require huge capital investment for any kind of construction development and related work. This is a huge cost burden for the national economy, thus negatively impacting project implementation.
- The requirement of significant capital investment leads to a huge time gap between project planning, start of construction work, and project completion. This delay in railway project execution inversely impacts the demand for railway couplers, thereby hampering the growth of the market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Railway Couplers Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, the global railway couplers market can be divided into semi-automatic railway couplers and automatic railway couplers
- The semi-automatic railway couplers segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as semi-automatic railway couplers ensure an enduring mechanical and pneumatic connection between vehicles
North America to Lead Global Market for Railway Couplers
- In terms of region, the global railway couplers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global railway couplers market from 2019 to 2027, owing to rapid development of rail freight network, particularly in the U.S. and Canada
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years. Increasing investments in the development of new railway networks in countries of Asia is estimated to boost the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The railway couplers market in Europe is also projected to witness rapid growth in the next few years, due to increasing adoption of railway couplers in the development of new railway networks as well as expansion of the existing railway networks in several countries in the region
Railway Couplers Market- Competitive Landscape
- In July 2015, Titagarh Wagons completed the acquisition of the railway rolling stock manufacturing business of Firema Transporti, S.p.a. Italy.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global railway couplers market was fairly concentrated in 2018, with presence of considerable number of companies. Increasing investment in new railway projects provide ample opportunities of growth to railway coupler manufacturers. Key manufacturers operating in the global railway couplers market are:
- Dellner Couplers
- Nippon Steel Corporation
- Escorts Group
- Titagarh Wagons
- Voith Group
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Railway Couplers Market”
Global Railway Couplers Market: Research Scope
Railway Couplers Market, by Product
- Semi-automatic Railway Couplers
- Automatic Railway Couplers
Global Railway Couplers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.