Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market: Overview
- Ragweeds are flowering plants of the genus Ambrosia in the aster family, Asteraceae. The pollen from ragweed causes allergy symptoms in numerous people. Ragweed pollen season generally hits the Midwest U.S. in early to mid-August and lasts until the end of September or when temperatures significantly decrease.
- Ragweed allergy occurs when the immune system has an inappropriate response to ragweed pollen. Normally, the immune system promotes chemical changes in the body that help fight off harmful invaders, such as viruses and bacteria. In people with ragweed allergies, however, the immune system mistakenly identifies the harmless pollen as a dangerous intruder and begins to fight against it.
- A single ragweed plant can produce 1 billion grains of pollen per season, which is carried by the wind traveling hundreds of miles away. Itchy, watery eyes, stuffy, runny nose, sneering, headache, and scratchy throat are common symptoms of ragweed allergy.
- According to several research studies that compared the length of ragweed seasons from 1995 to 2015, those who suffer from pollen allergies are indeed suffering longer each year, and there seems to be no sign of it slowing down. Moreover, it is becoming worse each year, especially in countries in North America.
Key Driver of Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
- Numerous pooled research studies indicated that climate change across the globe is more prone to ragweed pollen allergy and affects a large population. Moreover, new product development, such as Xolair from the house of Genentech to treat allergic conditions, is likely to drive the market.
- However, a lack of awareness among patients about allergy immunotherapy is estimated to restrain the market
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global ragweed pollen allergy treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global market due to high prevalence of ragweed allergies
- According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, every year, around 23 million people in the U.S. have symptoms from ragweed pollen allergy
- Europe is expected to account for a substantial share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period due to an increase in patient population and a rise in adoption of treatment
- In Europe, ragweed is most commonly reported in areas of northern Italy and southern France and According to Nature Climate Change, ragweed is likely to be found in Germany, U.K., and Northern Europe in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global ragweed pollen allergy treatment market are:
- Astellas Pharma Inc.,
- Anergis SA
- Merck KGaA.
- ALK-Abello A/S
- Biomay AG
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Recombinant Drugs
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.