Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market: Overview
- Ragweeds are flowering plants of the genus Ambrosia in the aster family, Asteraceae. The pollen from ragweed causes allergy symptoms in numerous people. Ragweed pollen season generally hits the Midwest U.S. in early to mid-August and lasts until the end of September or when temperatures significantly decrease.
- Ragweed allergy occurs when the immune system has an inappropriate response to ragweed pollen. Normally, the immune system promotes chemical changes in the body that help fight off harmful invaders, such as viruses and bacteria. In people with ragweed allergies, however, the immune system mistakenly identifies the harmless pollen as a dangerous intruder and begins to fight against it.
- A single ragweed plant can produce 1 billion grains of pollen per season, which is carried by the wind traveling hundreds of miles away. Itchy, watery eyes, stuffy, runny nose, sneering, headache, and scratchy throat are common symptoms of ragweed allergy.
- According to several research studies that compared the length of ragweed seasons from 1995 to 2015, those who suffer from pollen allergies are indeed suffering longer each year, and there seems to be no sign of it slowing down. Moreover, it is becoming worse each year, especially in countries in North America.
Key Driver of Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
- Numerous pooled research studies indicated that climate change across the globe is more prone to ragweed pollen allergy and affects a large population. Moreover, new product development, such as Xolair from the house of Genentech to treat allergic conditions, is likely to drive the market.
- However, a lack of awareness among patients about allergy immunotherapy is estimated to restrain the market
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global ragweed pollen allergy treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global market due to high prevalence of ragweed allergies
- According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, every year, around 23 million people in the U.S. have symptoms from ragweed pollen allergy
- Europe is expected to account for a substantial share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period due to an increase in patient population and a rise in adoption of treatment
- In Europe, ragweed is most commonly reported in areas of northern Italy and southern France and According to Nature Climate Change, ragweed is likely to be found in Germany, U.K., and Northern Europe in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global ragweed pollen allergy treatment market are:
- Astellas Pharma Inc.,
- Anergis SA
- Merck KGaA.
- ALK-Abello A/S
- Biomay AG
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Recombinant Drugs
Global Ragweed Pollen Allergy Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.