Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market: Introduction
- Radioligand therapy (RLT) is a targeted therapeutics option for a cancer treatment. Radiopharmaceutical is infused or injected into a peripheral vein. Ligands are labelled with radioactive isotopes, mostly beta-emitters, such as lutetium-177. High rate of long-lasting tumor remission and stabilization can be achieved using radioligand therapy (RLT).
- Radioligand therapy (RLT) is a systemic therapy which is used in metastasized disease treatment. In radioligand therapies, radiopharmaceuticals bind to a tumor target.
- NET radioligand therapy is also known as peptide-receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT). NET peptides targeting the somatostatin-receptor (SSTR) are used for treatment of neuroendocrine tumors.
- For prostate cancer treatment, radioligand specifically binds prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA). Prostate-specific membrane antigens (PSMA) are overexpressed in prostate cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market
- The global radioligand therapy market is likely to be driven by increase in footprint of pharmaceutical manufacturers in potential markets in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Research & development of radioligand therapy candidate to treat a broad range of cancer types is expected to propel the global radioligand therapy treatment market during the forecast period. Endocyte's Lu-PSMA-617 is a radioligand therapy candidate which is currently under phase III clinical trial for treatment of prostate cancer.
- Increase in prevalence of cancer across the globe is expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2019, around 174,650 new cases for prostate cancer were diagnosed in the U.S.
- Strategic acquisition by leading players operating in radioligand therapy is helping manufacturers in expanding cancer product pipeline. Thus, approval and commercialization of pipeline products in the near future is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- In October 2018, Novartis underwent purchase agreement with Endocyte to purchase Endocyte's Lu-PSMA-617 clinical product
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market
- North America is projected to lead the market during the forecast period. North America is the leading market for radioligand therapy (RLT) driven by high rate of adoption of radioligand therapy products after FDA approval. According to Novartis, Lutathera has been prescribed to over 1,100 patients in the U.S.
- Increase in awareness about the radioligand therapy and rise in patient base suffering from cancer in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in the region. Manufacturers are focused to enter into partnership with laboratories for research & development of radioligand therapy candidate which is anticipated to propel the market in the U.S.
- Governments in Europe have favorable reimbursement policies. Furthermore, increase in research laboratories, rise in prevalence of cancer, and increase in funding provided by governments are anticipated to propel the market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global radioligand therapy market are:
- Novartis AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
Global Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market: Research Scope
Global Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market, by Indication
- Prostate Cancer
- Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (GEP-NETs)
Global Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Market, by Product
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.