Quantum Dot Sensor Market
Quantum Dot Sensor Market (Application: Smartphones & Laptops, Digital Camera, Surveillance Cameras, Medical Imaging Devices, and Others; and End-use Industry: Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
QDs Hold Potential as Biocompatible Carriers to Combat Coronavirus
Quantum dots (QDs) are multifaceted agents with the potential to inhibit the activity of the COVID-19 virus. Companies in the quantum dot sensor market are taking advantage of this opportunity to increase their availability in healthcare applications to effectively serve as biosensors and potential targeting agents for viruses and cancer cells. QDs, also known as semiconductor nanomaterials, conjugate with high fluorescent probes that are crucial for the detection of various cellular processes
QDs are being identified as a novel fluorescent probe for molecular imaging. Due to these exceptional properties, companies in the quantum dot sensor market are taking this opportunity to keep economies running by unlocking its potential as biocompatible carriers to combat coronavirus.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Quantum Dot Sensor Market
R&D Helps Overcome Limitations of GQDs in Energy Storage Applications
Graphene quantum dots (GQDs) are gaining attention as nanomaterials consisting of a monolayer or a few layers of graphene having excellent and unique properties. The application of bare and functionalized GQDs in sensor, energy storage, and biological fields is grabbing the attention of companies in the quantum dot sensor market. However, there is a lack of research to ascertain its precise structure-property relationship. As a result, GQDs lead to significant inhomogeneity in surface functionality and dimension.
In order to overcome the limitations of GQDs, companies are collaborating with scientists and researchers to realize the correlation between the synthesis process dependent size variation and optical properties. As such, advanced methods are being used for careful handling and manufacturing of graphene as well as its derivatives.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
SWIR Detectors Built with QD Sensors Contribute to Industrial Renewal Strategy in France
Research & development (R&D) programs are gaining prominence in the quantum dot sensor market. French sensor firms, Lynred and New Imaging Technologies (NIT) are independently working to build next-gen infrared detectors. Companies are investing in R&D programs to develop small pixel pitch shortwave infrared (SWIR) detectors based on quantum dot sensors. French companies are gaining awareness about funding from the government as part of revamp the microelectronics ecosystem in France initiative.
The quantum dot sensor market is predicted to advance at an explosive CAGR of 23% during the forecast period. Companies are increasing focus to tap revenue opportunities in France’s industrial renewal strategy. This is sparking innovations in SWIR detectors that deliver the accuracy and throughput required for industrial process control scenarios.
Non-toxic QDs Gain Popularity in Next-gen Wearable Devices, Smart Implants
The quantum dot sensor market is expected to reach the valuation of US$ 100 Mn by 2031. Companies are gaining awareness about researchers who are developing breakthrough quantum dot transistors to create a flexible alternative to conventional electronics. Researchers at the Los Alamos National Laboratory are collaborating with the team at the University of California, Irvine, to innovate in fundamental electronic building blocks out of tiny structures i.e. quantum dots.
Companies in the quantum dot sensor market are increasing the availability of inexpensive and manufacturing-friendly approach to complex electronic devices that can be fabricated in a chemistry lab via solution-based techniques. Future applications of non-toxic QDs include wearable devices, printable circuits, and smart implants, among others.
Use of CQDs to Detect NO2 in Automotive, Industrial Plants
Colloidal quantum dots (CQDs) are being investigated as promising building blocks for high-performance gas sensors, owing to their suitability for versatile functionalization through surface chemistry. Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) is an important air pollutant, since it contributes to the formation of photochemical smog and acid rains, thus affecting the tropospheric ozone. The reliable detection of NO2 has become necessary even at low concentration in different sectors such as automotive, industrial plants, and indoor & outdoor air quality assurance.
Companies in the quantum dot sensor market are increasing their R&D for enabling the technology in automatic systems capable of taking necessary measures to reduce unsafe concentrations through ventilation, filtering, and catalytic breakdown.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Quantum Dot Sensor Market
Companies in the quantum dot sensor market are focusing on carbon quantum dots, which exert antiviral properties against the highly pathogenic coronavirus in a dose-dependent manner. Innovators are setting their collaboration wheels in motion to increase the availability of a full line of SWIR sensors and cameras in large volumes and at a low price. However, it is difficult to analyze the mechanism of unique properties of graphene quantum dots, owing to their large variation in chemical functionality and size. Hence, companies should conduct dedicated studies in terms of the GQDs synthesis process size-dependent photoluminescence properties and quantum size effect of GQDs.
Quantum Dot Sensor Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global quantum dot sensor market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, growing demand for more energy efficient consumer electronic devices across the globe is the major factor expected to boost the global quantum dot sensor market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global quantum dot sensor market is estimated to reach the value of US$ 100 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 23% during the forecast period
Growing Demand from Display Manufacturers: Key Driver of Quantum Dot Sensor Market
- Quantum dots produce high-level brightness for many augmented devices, including TVs, laptops, and large-format displays. Quantum dots use a pure blue backlight and precise red and green filters to produce a true white light, which can then be filtered into better-looking colors. Manufacturers than can drive up the color brightness and array of the display with the help of quantum dot sensors.
- This has led to an increase in demand from display and TV manufacturers for the use of quantum dots sensors in their products
- Thus, the use of quantum dots sensors has grown in the past several years, as this technology enables manufacturers to produce the next generation, high-definition TV, and display screens
- As a result, demand for quantum dot sensors is significantly high, which is expected to drive the growth rate of the global quantum dot sensor market during the forecast period
- Substantial increase in demand over the past few years for more energy-efficient consumer electronic devices such as digital cameras, smartphones, and biological sensors, which uses quantum dot sensors, also boosts the growth of the global quantum dot sensor market
- Cameras enabled by quantum dot sensors can sense and help navigate even in the absence of light. Demand for quantum dots sensors is growing at a high rate; this growth is positively bolstering the quantum dot sensor market.
- Quantum dot sensor-based digital cameras and surveillance cameras are also expected to grow at a substantial rate during the forecast period
- However, utilization of heavy material is projected to limit the growth of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. Many regulatory authorities have limited the amount of cadmium material for usage in consumer electronic devices for customers. These factors may hamper the growth of the global quantum dot sensor market.
Ease of Manufacturing Quantum Dot Sensors
- Silicon-based sensors have difficulties in manufacturing next-generation image sensors. The major disadvantage of silicon is that it fails to capture light more efficiently.
- Light emission and/or absorption materials have varied applications in phosphors, lasers, sensors, LEDs, displays, solar cells, photodetectors, and medical imaging devices. Quantum dots of semiconductor materials have a direct bandgap that provides efficient absorption and emission, along with spectral tenability from blue to red through size selection.
- New quantum dot sensors use the quantum dot technology and a simple integration method that captures the maximum portion of an image with extremely high quality. In addition, Quantum Film is the next-generation camera platform. Hence, Quantum Film in mobile handsets and cameras, and other applications have increased demand for small, high-performance image quantum dot sensors. The impact of this driver is expected to be high in the quantum-dot sensor market for the short, medium, and long term.
- Thus, easing of quantum dot sensor manufacturing and achieving high-performance efficiencies of quantum dot sensors are projected to have a positive impact on the market during the forecast period
Quantum Dot Sensor Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of quantum dot sensors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global quantum dot sensor market are
- Apple Inc. (InVisage Technologies Inc.)
- Nanoco Group PLC.
- Samsung Group (QD Vision)
- Merck Group
- Teradyne Inc.
- Ocean NanoTech, LLC
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Quantum Solutions
Quantum Dot Sensor Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of quantum dot sensors such as Apple Inc. (InVisage Technologies Inc.), Nanoco Group PLC., Samsung Group (QD Vision), Merck Group, Teradyne Inc., NN-Labs®, Ocean NanoTech, LLC, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH, Nanosys, and Quantum Solutions are focusing on designing cost-effective quantum dot sensors to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global quantum dot sensor market are highlighted below:
- On November 25 2020, Nanoco, a quantum dot sensor manufacturer announced that it secured a project grant from Innovate UK, the U.K.’s innovation agency, to develop a heavy metal-free quantum dot testing kit for the accurate and rapid visual detection of SARS CoV-2 (“COVID-19”)
- In November 2016, Samsung acquired QD Vision, a Lexington, MA, the U.S.-based provider of quantum dot technology for consumer displays in line with the company vision to strengthen its quantum dot display technology unit
- Nanosys Inc., the largest manufacturer of quantum dots, joined the Series A funding round as a strategic investor in the UbiQD partnership deal with Solvay SA, an industry leader in producing greenhouse films, amounting to US$ 7 Mn
- In the global quantum dot sensor market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of quantum dot sensors. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global quantum dot sensor market.
Quantum Dot Sensor Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global quantum dot sensor market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global quantum dot sensor market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global quantum dot sensor market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global quantum dot sensor market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global quantum dot sensor market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global quantum dot sensor market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global quantum dot sensor market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Quantum Dot Sensor Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global quantum dot sensor market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the consumer electronics segment on the global quantum dot sensor market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of quantum dot sensor over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global quantum dot sensor market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global quantum dot sensor market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global quantum dot sensor market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global quantum dot sensor market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global quantum dot sensor market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global quantum dot sensor market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global quantum dot sensor market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global quantum dot sensor market more reliable and accurate.
Quantum Dot Sensor Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global quantum dot sensor market segments the market based on application, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global quantum dot sensor market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.