PVD Coating Machine Market: Introduction
- The physical vapor deposition (PVD) coatings help produce metal vapors that get deposited on the metal substrate as thin and pure metal or alloy coatings. These metals and alloy are utilized in construction, electronics, arms and ammunition, machines, and automobiles.
- The PVD coating is a compound material, which combines metal, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon, and other elements into the customized coatings. PVD coating machines are utilized for high volume, large-scale manufacturing as well as small batch manufacturing.
- PVD coating machines are also computer controlled, which enables the operator to carry out the other tasks. It has become advantageous to purchase the PVD coating machines in various industries, as it reduces production cost and turnaround time.
Increasing demand of PVD coatings from electronics industry
- PVD coatings are required in applications such as microelectronics, storage devices, and semiconductors in the electronics industry, as it improves corrosion-resistance, surface hardness, and high temperature-resistant performance. Additionally, PVD coatings create an attractive modern surface in various range of colors, which in turn is attracting more electronics manufacturers.
- Moreover, investments are rising in the electronics sector, which is increasing the demand for PVD coatings. These factors are fueling the PVD coatings machine market.
Increasing technological developments in PVD coating machine is fueling the market
- Technological developments have been increasing in PVD coating machine products for the last few years. For instance, recently, barrel PVD coating machines have been developed, which enables large volume of difficult-to-handle components such as powders, ball bearings, and fasteners. Barrel coaters can deposit the metal and ally PVD coatings on a large number of loose components by gently tumbling in specially designed rotating component drum.
- However, requirement of special attention as PVD technology operates at high temperature, and high costs associated with machines may hamper the market
Asia Pacific market to expand significantly
- In terms of region, the global PVD coating machines market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The PVD coating machines market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to features of PVD coating machines, technological advancements, and presence of key players. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand PVD coating machines products.
- The PVD coating machines market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a high growth rate due to increasing competition among key players. The Middle East & Africa market is likely to expand at a sluggish pace due to a lack of presence of manufacturing companies.
Key Players in Global Market
The global PVD coating machines market is highly concentrated, as a limited number of manufacturers are present. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to cater to the rising demand.
Key players operating in the global PVD coating machines market include:
- Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
- Angstrom Engineering Inc.
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Applied Materials Inc.
Global PVD Coating Machine Market: Research Scope
Global PVD Coating Machine Market, by Type
- Evaporation Coating Machine
- Sputtering Film Coater
Global PVD Coating Machine Market, by Application
- Data Storage
- Solar products
- Cutting Tools
- Medical Equipment
Global PVD Coating Machine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!