PVC Emulsion Market
PVC Emulsion Market (Application: Flooring & Wall Covering, Synthetic Leather Manufacturing, Automotive Mastic & Sealants, Fabric Coatings, Surface Coatings, Printing Inks & Adhesives, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Market Players to Address Sustainability Challenges Linked to PVC in Upcoming Years
The PVC emulsion market is expected to witness considerable growth in the upcoming years, owing to widening applications of PVC across a range of industrial domains. The growing adoption of emulsion polymerization process at industrial and academic scale in recent years is expected to provide considerable boost to the PVC emulsion market during the forecast period. PVC emulsion polymers are being extensively used in a range of applications, including thermoplastics, rubbers, binders, adhesives, and coatings– a factor that is likely to propel the PVC emulsion market during the assessment period.
At present, the increasing demand for polyvinyl chloride products is anticipated to play an imperative role in shaping the growth of the global PVC emulsion market during the forecast period. Research and development activities are set to play a vital role in bolstering the growth of the market for PVC emulsion in the upcoming years, as market players continue to improve their market position. The booming automotive sector in developing regions, including Latin America and Asia Pacific is likely to provide considerable opportunities to the players involved in the PVC emulsion market.
While the automotive sector is likely to open up new growth avenues, the healthcare sector is expected to emerge as a prominent end-use sector due to which, the global PVC emulsion market is projected to witness steady growth in the near future. As a result of these factors, along with the growing emphasis on the development of environment-friendly PVC emulsion products, the global PVC emulsion market is expected to surpass the US$ 3.6 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the PVC Emulsion Market
High Demand from Numerous End-use Sectors to Aid Market Growth
The surge in the demand for PVC emulsion from a range of industrial sectors for various applications is expected to augment the global PVC emulsion market. Prominent end-use sectors include healthcare, automotive, and construction. On the global scale, PVC is the fifth most highly manufactured plastic, and as per current observations, the trend is anticipated to continue in the upcoming years. The construction sector is likely to provide abundant opportunities to the players and stakeholders involved in the current PVC emulsion market landscape due to consistent rise in the demand for PVC flooring across the world. Moreover, as governments across both developing as well as the underdeveloped regions emphasize on urban and industrial development, the number of construction projects have witnessed an exponential growth in recent years. Thus, the demand for PVC emulsion products is growing.
In the healthcare sector, PVC is used as PVC-based IV bags, urine bags, blood bags, catheters, and disposable gloves. Rising concerns pertaining to the toxicity of chlorine and monomer production are projected to hamper the growth of the global PVC emulsion market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players to Address Supply Chain Challenges amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has affected operations and growth of nearly all major core industrial sectors, including automotive, construction, and oil & gas. Stringent restrictions on cross-border trade, temporary shutdown of the industrial sector in major manufacturing hubs of PVC, and fluctuating economy of the market are some of the key factors anticipated to negatively impact the global PVC emulsion market in 2020. Furthermore, a significant decline in the demand for PVC-based products from nearly all major industries is another reason for the slow down of the global PVC emulsion market in 2020. Restrictions on trade and transportation followed by the suspension of major freight carriers during the second and the third quarter of 2020 have resulted in major hurdles across the supply chain. Due to this, the players involved in the current PVC emulsion market landscape are expected to address these challenges in the upcoming months.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on PVC Emulsion Market
The global PVC emulsion market is on the course to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. The market growth is primarily driven by the soaring demand for PVC emulsion from an array of industrial domains, including automotive, healthcare, and construction. Emphasis on infrastructure development, upgrade of old manufacturing facilities, and growth of the automotive sector will provide abundant opportunities to the players operating in the current market for PVC emulsion. Market players should focus on tapping into opportunities across the healthcare sector amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to generate revenues and maximize profit margins.
PVC Emulsion Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global PVC emulsion market for the base year 2019 and the forecast period 2020 to 2030, rise in construction activities across the globe is likely to boost the demand for PVC emulsion during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global PVC emulsion market is estimated to cross US$ 3.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Increase in Global Construction Activities Boosting Demand for PVC Flooring and Wall Covering: Key Driver
- PVC emulsion is also used in the production of wallpaper, owing to several features such as sound absorption, thermal insulation, and low price compared to its substitutes such as pure paper and non-woven fabric. Various governments and private players are increasingly investing in housing construction activities. PVC flooring acts as a cost-effective substitute to natural floors such as wood, ceramic, and marble. Global population is estimated to increase from 6.4 billion in 2005 to 8.2 billion by 2030. Increase in population and rise in disposable income of the middle class population are major factors propelling the demand for PVC flooring. Major countries in the Middle East such as Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Bahrain are focusing on the development of sectors such as infrastructure and tourism to lower their dependence on crude oil. Most of these economies are highly dependent on export of crude oil. The Government of Saudi Arabia has launched 'Saudi Vision 2030,' under which it plans to double its number of hotel rooms. PVC wallpaper or wall covering provides a luxurious and authentic look to hotels. Increase in construction activities is likely to augment the demand for wall covering. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for PVC emulsion in the next few years.
- PVC emulsion also offers characteristics such as broad molecular weight distribution and excellent water absorption. These attributes of PVC emulsion are anticipated to augment the demand for PVC emulsion in PVC flooring and wall covering.
Major Challenges for PVC Emulsion Market
- Vinyl chloride monomers, fillers, plasticizers, blowing agents, heat stabilizers, and other functional additives are key raw materials that are used in the manufacture of PVC emulsion. According to information published by Vinythai Public Company Limited in 2019, prices of vinyl chloride monomers experienced a high degree of fluctuation in the last decade. This has caused substantial fluctuation in prices of primary petrochemical derivatives. The scenario is projected to affect supply and demand for raw materials required in the production of PVC emulsion.
Rise in Usage of PVC Emulsion in Flooring & Wall Covering to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to PVC Emulsion Market
- In terms of application, the global PVC emulsion market has been divided into flooring & wall covering, synthetic leather manufacturing, automotive mastic & sealants, fabric coatings, surface coatings, printing inks & adhesives, and others (including toys, gloves, and conveyor belts). The flooring & wall covering segment held major share of the global market in 2019. This can be ascribed to rise in usage of PVC emulsion in the global building & construction sector. PVC emulsion resins are used as primary ingredients in the production of vinyl flooring & wall covering. Furthermore, rise in immigration and expansion of the construction sector across the globe have propelled the requirement for housing facilities. This is expected to boost the building & construction sector across the globe in the near future. In turn, this is likely to drive the demand for PVC emulsion for usage in flooring & wall covering applications.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of PVC Emulsion Market
- Demand for PVC emulsion has been increasing in the building & construction sector in China, owing to the rise in usage of PVC emulsion in manufacture of low-cost decorative flooring and wallpapers. This is anticipated to drive the PVC emulsion market in the country.
- The PVC emulsion market in India is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to increase in foreign direct investments in the manufacturing sector in the country. Additionally, government initiatives such as ‘Make in India’ are estimated to create opportunities for the PVC emulsion market in India in the near future.
PVC Emulsion Market: Competition Landscape
- The global PVC emulsion market is fragmented with the presence of several players; however, leading manufacturers such as Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG, VESTOLIT GmbH, and Chemplast Sanmar hold major share of the market
- PVC emulsion is a highly competitive market with experienced players offering established brands. Established brands have competitive advantage over regional players involved in the production of PVC emulsion.
- R&D activities are required to develop advanced products for end-use industries. However, this is affordable for just a few existing players that produce goods on a large scale.
- Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG held more than 20% share of the global PVC emulsion market in 2019. The company’s success can be primarily ascribed to its constant production capacity expansion and development of new products.
- Other players operating in the global PVC emulsion market include
- The Sanmar Group (Chemplast Sanmar),
- Finolex Industries Limited
- SCG Chemicals
- Formosa Plastics
- RusVinyl LLC
- Vinythai Public Company Limited
- Arvind Petrochem. In terms of production, Asia Pacific accounts for prominent share of the global PVC emulsion market.
PVC Emulsion Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global PVC emulsion market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global PVC emulsion market. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global PVC emulsion market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global PVC emulsion market that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the flooring & wall covering industry with respect to the global PVC emulsion market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global PVC emulsion market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global PVC emulsion market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global PVC emulsion market, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on PVC Emulsion Market
The report provides detailed information about the global PVC emulsion market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global PVC emulsion market, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global PVC emulsion market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global PVC emulsion market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global PVC emulsion market?
- Which region is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global PVC emulsion market during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – PVC Emulsion Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global PVC emulsion market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global PVC emulsion market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global PVC emulsion market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global PVC emulsion market.
PVC Emulsion Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global PVC emulsion market in terms of application and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the global PVC emulsion market.