PVC Blister Packaging: Introduction
- Blister packaging is a kind of pre-formed plastic packaging, which is used for producing transparent and highly durable packs. It is commonly used in foods & beverages, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, among others. Cavity or pocket is the primary component in blister packaging. The pocket is made of a thermoformed plastic and has the backing of paperboard or a lidding seal of aluminum foil or polymer. The polymeric material is mainly used in forming web of the blister packaging. Low cost is the major advantage of PVC in blister packaging. Additionally, PVC can be easily thermoformed. Hence, it is highly used in pharmaceutical applications.
- Based on application, the global PVC blister packaging market can be segmented into consumer goods, pharmaceutical, industrial goods, food & beverages, and others. The pharmaceutical segment held major share of the global PVC blister packaging market in 2019. Consumer goods and food & beverages segments are expected to offer lucrative opportunities by the end of the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for PVC Blister Packaging in Pharmaceutical Application to Drive Market
- PVC blister packaging is extensively used in packaging of products such as tablets, pills, capsules, granules, or lozenges. PVC blister packaging provides excellent barrier protection by enhancing shelf life of medicine and offering high degree of tamper resistance. It also offers excellent thermo-formability, high flexural strength, and good resistance against chemical attack. PVC blister packaging also offers low permeability to oils, fats, and flavoring ingredients. Furthermore, PVC blister packaging lower in cost than other substitutes. These characteristics of PVC blister packaging make it an ideal choice for pharmaceutical applications.
- Rise in geriatric population and increase in number of diseases have boosted the consumption of medicines. Additionally, rise in covid-19 cases across the globe has resulted in an increase in usage of drugs. PVC blister packaging is mainly used as a protection material to avoid exposure of the pharmaceutical dose to climatic conditions. The shelf life of drugs increases due to the usage of PVC blister packaging. This is likely to drive production and consumption of PVC blister packaging in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- The global PVC blister packaging market is likely to be affected marginally by the COVID-9 pandemic. The pandemic has disrupted raw material supply of PVC blister packaging manufacturers across the globe. This is likely to affect the market on a temporary basis.
Availability of Substitutes to Hamper Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- Various substitutes of PVC blister packaging are available in the market. These include polyethylene terephthalate (PET), light density polyethylene (LDPE), and polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC). PET blister packaging is another material that has the potential to replace PVC blister packaging. PET blister packaging has high water-vapor permeability compared its counterpart. Thus, availability of substitutes is expected to hamper the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- In terms of region, the global PVC blister packaging market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the global PVC blister packaging market during the forecast period. The region has vast geriatric population. Additionally, rise in number of patients of diabetes in countries such as India has boosted the demand for drugs. PVC blister packaging can be helpful in increasing the shelf life of dosage forms. Thsi is expected to drive the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global PVC blister packaging market is consolidated, with presence of few players across the globe. Major players operating in the global PVC blister packaging market include:
- Amcor Limited
- Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Constantia Flexibles GmbH
- Westrock Company
- Ruchika Group of Industries
- RENOLIT SE
Global PVC Blister Packaging Market: Research Scope
Global PVC Blister Packaging Market, by Application
- Consumer Goods
- Industrial Goods
- Food & Beverages
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.