PVC Blister Packaging: Introduction
- Blister packaging is a kind of pre-formed plastic packaging, which is used for producing transparent and highly durable packs. It is commonly used in foods & beverages, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, among others. Cavity or pocket is the primary component in blister packaging. The pocket is made of a thermoformed plastic and has the backing of paperboard or a lidding seal of aluminum foil or polymer. The polymeric material is mainly used in forming web of the blister packaging. Low cost is the major advantage of PVC in blister packaging. Additionally, PVC can be easily thermoformed. Hence, it is highly used in pharmaceutical applications.
- Based on application, the global PVC blister packaging market can be segmented into consumer goods, pharmaceutical, industrial goods, food & beverages, and others. The pharmaceutical segment held major share of the global PVC blister packaging market in 2019. Consumer goods and food & beverages segments are expected to offer lucrative opportunities by the end of the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for PVC Blister Packaging in Pharmaceutical Application to Drive Market
- PVC blister packaging is extensively used in packaging of products such as tablets, pills, capsules, granules, or lozenges. PVC blister packaging provides excellent barrier protection by enhancing shelf life of medicine and offering high degree of tamper resistance. It also offers excellent thermo-formability, high flexural strength, and good resistance against chemical attack. PVC blister packaging also offers low permeability to oils, fats, and flavoring ingredients. Furthermore, PVC blister packaging lower in cost than other substitutes. These characteristics of PVC blister packaging make it an ideal choice for pharmaceutical applications.
- Rise in geriatric population and increase in number of diseases have boosted the consumption of medicines. Additionally, rise in covid-19 cases across the globe has resulted in an increase in usage of drugs. PVC blister packaging is mainly used as a protection material to avoid exposure of the pharmaceutical dose to climatic conditions. The shelf life of drugs increases due to the usage of PVC blister packaging. This is likely to drive production and consumption of PVC blister packaging in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- The global PVC blister packaging market is likely to be affected marginally by the COVID-9 pandemic. The pandemic has disrupted raw material supply of PVC blister packaging manufacturers across the globe. This is likely to affect the market on a temporary basis.
Availability of Substitutes to Hamper Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- Various substitutes of PVC blister packaging are available in the market. These include polyethylene terephthalate (PET), light density polyethylene (LDPE), and polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC). PET blister packaging is another material that has the potential to replace PVC blister packaging. PET blister packaging has high water-vapor permeability compared its counterpart. Thus, availability of substitutes is expected to hamper the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global PVC Blister Packaging Market
- In terms of region, the global PVC blister packaging market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the global PVC blister packaging market during the forecast period. The region has vast geriatric population. Additionally, rise in number of patients of diabetes in countries such as India has boosted the demand for drugs. PVC blister packaging can be helpful in increasing the shelf life of dosage forms. Thsi is expected to drive the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global PVC blister packaging market is consolidated, with presence of few players across the globe. Major players operating in the global PVC blister packaging market include:
- Amcor Limited
- Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Constantia Flexibles GmbH
- Westrock Company
- Ruchika Group of Industries
- RENOLIT SE
Global PVC Blister Packaging Market: Research Scope
Global PVC Blister Packaging Market, by Application
- Consumer Goods
- Industrial Goods
- Food & Beverages
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.