Purified Isophthalic Acid: Introduction
- Purified isophthalic acid is an organic and colorless compound. It is an isomer of terephthalic acid and phthalic acid. Isophthalic acid that is available in a highly pure form, with purity of 99% or more, is referred to purified isophthalic acid.
- Purified isophthalic acid is extensively used in the production of various important polymers. For instance, polybenzimidazole, a high performance polymer, is produced by using purified Isophthalic acid as a precursor. Isophthalic acid is produced on the billion kilogram per year scale by oxidizing meta-xylene using oxygen. The process employs a cobalt-manganese catalyst.
- Purified isophthalic acid possesses significant properties such as hydrolytic stability, hardness, stain resistance, glossiness, corrosion resistance, and ability to process easily. This makes it highly useful in a wide range of applications such as manufacture of corrosion resistant pipes, tanks, and fiberglass reinforced plastics (FRP). These are used in coatings, automotive, and marine industries.
- Purified isophthalic acid is highly preferred for coating in the automotive industry, as polyester resins derived from purified Isophthalic acid exhibit high thermal stability and also provide significant resistance against outdoor weathering
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market
- Rise in global demand for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle resins is anticipated to drive the global purified isophthalic acid market during the forecast period. Purified isophthalic acid is utilized as a key ingredient in the production of PET resins. Thus, increase in the global consumption of PET is expected to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of purified isophthalic acid in the near future. Additionally, excellent resistance properties exhibited by purified isophthalic acid are boosting the purified isophthalic acid market.
- Concerns regarding incompliance with various environmental regulations are adversely affecting the purified isophthalic acid market. Regulations that limit the use of purified isophthalic acids in consumer products are expected to hinder the global purified isophthalic acid market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Purified Isophthalic Acid: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global purified Isophthalic acid market can be segmented into polyethylene terephthalate (PET) copolymer, polyester surface coating resins, and unsaturated polyester resins
- PET copolymers are widely used in bottle resins and fibers. Purified isophthalic acid decreases the crystallinity of PET, which is used to enhance the clarity and improve the productivity of bottle manufacturers. Purified isophthalic acid is used in unsaturated polyester resins to enhance the mechanical performance and thermal resistance. It is also used as a resistant to water and chemicals. In polyester surface coating resins, purified isophthalic acid increases the resistance to water, and the overall durability.
- The polyethylene terephthalate (PET) copolymer application segment is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market
- In terms of region, the global purified isophthalic acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global purified isophthalic acid market. Increase in industrial activities in emerging economies, such as China, India and Japan, is projected to boost the demand for purified isophthalic acid, as it is extensively used in the manufacture of corrosion resistant pipes and tanks.
- Rise in construction activities in the Middle East is also boosting the demand for purified isophthalic acid in Middle East & Africa
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market
The global purified isophthalic acid market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global purified isophthalic acid market include:
- Lotte Chemical
- British Petroleum (BP)
- Total Petrochemicals
- A.G. International Chemical Company Inc (AGIC)
- Koch Chemical Company
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- The Chemical Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- SILVER FERN CHEMICAL, INC
Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market, by Purity
- Purity 99%
- Purity 99.5%
Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market, by Application
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Copolymer
- Polyester Surface Coating Resins
- Unsaturated Polyester Resins
Global Isophthalic Acid Market, by End-use
Global Purified Isophthalic Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.