Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market – Overview
Pulmonary fibrosis is a type of interstitial lung disorder. In this disease, the lung tissues are scarred and that leads to the reduction of oxygen exchange area of the lungs. Currently the root cause of the disease is still unknown. The medical science has put the disease into a non-reversible disease category and it has no permanent cure. However, with a proper pulmonary fibrosis treatment methods or drugs, the management of disease can last up to 2 to 5 years.
To know the scope of our report, Get a Brochure on Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market – Notable Developments
Some of the recent notable developments in the global pulmonary fibrosis treatment market are listed down below:
- In 2014, apart from the conventional off-label corticosteroid treatment methods, drugs from different companies such as Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals’ Ofev and Genentech Inc.’s Esbriet received approval for commercialization from the US FDA.
- In August 2019, EmphyCorp Inc. announced that the company has applied for the FDA approval for the NDA marketing of its non-steroidal nasal spray. This spray is used in the treatment of Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILD) that includes cystic fibrosis and pulmonary fibrosis.
- In 2017, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health grant announced that it has awarded a grant of more than US$2.1 million to the researchers of the Weill Cornell Medicine for a period of four years to determine the mechanism of scarring of lung tissues.
Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market – Drivers and Restraints
There are numerous factors that have a positive influence over the development of the global pulmonary fibrosis treatment market. One of the biggest driving factors for the growth of the global market has been the quick approval of novel drugs in the market. With the advances in technology and in the medical sciences, new and breakthrough therapies are now available in the market. This has also played a crucial role in the development of the global pulmonary fibrosis treatment market.
Another important driving factor for the growth of the market has been the growing incidences of pulmonary fibrosis has encouraged several medical and research institutes to undertake the studies to understand the root cause. This has led to the development of several new drugs and improve the diagnosis rate of the diseases. Naturally, it has helped in the development of the global pulmonary fibrosis treatment market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market Report
Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market – Geographical Outlook
In terms of geographical segmentation, the global pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is divided into five key regions. These regions are North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific. Currently, the pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is dominated by the North America region. The region is expected to continue to act as a strong contributor over the course of the given forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The growth of the North America pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is primarily attributed to the consistently increasing number of patients. The incidences or the cases of people suffering from respiratory diseases such as asthma is growing at high rate in the region. With such a large patient base, the pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is expected to flourish more in the region. In addition to this, growing health awareness coupled with rapidly evolving healthcare infrastructure is also helping to drive the growth of the pulmonary fibrosis treatment market in North America.
On the other hand, the Europe market is expected to exhibit a promising CAGR during the course of the projection period. With significant growth in the research and development activities followed by government grants to encourage more such studies, the pulmonary fibrosis treatment market in the region is expected to achieve promising growth.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.