Protein Purification & Isolation Market: Introduction
- Protein purification is a procedure, in which one or more proteins are extracted from a complex mixture, typically made up of cells or tissues. Protein purification is a necessary step in any protein analysis and is performed to confirm the existence of a protein or proteins of interest after measuring the enzyme activity of the given sample via assay processes.
- Rapid purification kits are used to decrease the time of purification and isolation with the same effectiveness. Affinity tags are commonly used for protein isolation and purification, as these enable successful purification in a single step. For example, ProteoSpin Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Micro and Maxi Kits are used for fast isolation of body proteins in 60 minutes.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market
- The global protein purification & isolation market is driven by increase in funding from both public and private protein research organizations, rise in research in the field of structure-based drug design, and technological developments such as single-use technologies and automated purification instruments.
- Increasingly, governments are investing in research & development and undertaking programs to foster the development and growth of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. They have also offered additional benefits, among others, through tax incentives, grants, and investment-friendly regulations.
- Pharmaceutical is a highly lucrative protein purification and isolation solutions industry due to major investments in the production of biomarker-specific molecules. A critical component of the preclinical drug development process is the precise separation of proteins with a significant amount of purified substrate. These factors are likely to augment the global protein purification & isolation market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market
- Geographically, North America is projected to dominate the global protein purification market during the forecast period because of presence of a large number of protein purification players, established research & development infrastructure, and technological advances in the proteomics sector
- Demand for technologically advanced protein isolation technologies in North America is driven by improved application areas such as protein-protein interaction studies, target detection, drug screening, protein therapeutics, biomarker discovery, disease tracking, and diagnostic tests.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period. Initiatives undertaken by governments of developing countries such as India and China to improve health care infrastructure are likely to drive demand for protein purification and isolation solutions in the regions. Additionally, these governments provide funds to establish innovative methods of purification and isolation.
Key Players Operating in Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market
The global protein purification & isolation market is highly consolidated, with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Key players operating in the global protein purification & isolation market include:
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc.
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Qiagen N.V
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Agilent Technologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Norgen Biotek Corporation
- Other Prominent Players
Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market: Research Scope
Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market, by Product Type
- Magnetic Beads
Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market, by Technology
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Affinity Chromatography
- Reversed-phase Chromatography
- Size Exclusion Chromatography
- Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Isoelectric Focusing
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Western Blotting
Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market, by Application
- Drug Screening
- Biomarker Discovery
- Protein-protein Interaction Studies
- Target Identification
- Protein Therapeutics
- Disease Diagnostics and Monitoring
Global Protein Purification & Isolation Market, by End-user
- Academic Medical Institutes
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.