Prosthetic Graft Market: Introduction
- Prosthetic graft is a manmade polyester material in the form of a thin tube, which is used to replace or repair the blood vessel. It does not contain any harmful chemicals, which makes it easily tolerable for the human body. Improvements in prosthetic grafts over the years has reduced the chances of any infection. Application of prosthetic graft is popular in cases of cardiac diseases, diabetes, end-stage renal disease (ESRD), and vascular occlusions.
- The two materials that have been traditional preferred in grafting are polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) grafts or polyester (Dacron) grafts. Among the two, marginal advantages are offered by each type; however, Dacron graft is highly preferred. Polyurethanes are being considered as alternative graft material for the last few years, as they are more compliant than Dacron and PTFE; hence, their mechanical and flow parameters are better matched to those of the native vasculature. New graft development to match as closely as possible the mechanical characteristics and functions of normal human arteries is expected to remain a major priority for cardiovascular surgeons for at least the next decade.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Prosthetic Graft Market
- Clinical trials are being undertaken for the development of newer graft possessing mechanical characteristics and functions as closely possible of normal human arteries. This development is estimated to boost the market significantly. Enhanced prosthetic grafts would be available in the next 4-5 years with the introduction of biodurable and compliant polyurethane grafts. Improved patency and resistance to infection is also estimated to further boost the market. Seeding protocols are already under pilot clinical study and promise to be widely clinically applicable within the next 5 years.
- Chances of prosthetic graft infection is a major complication of peripheral vascular surgery, which is a major restraint to the market. Additionally, requirement of a prosthetic graft with a non-thrombogenic surface, sufficient mechanical strength, similar compliance to native vessels, spontaneous endothelialisation, and resistance to intimal hyperplasia and compatibility with the host tissue also remains a major challenge for vascular tissue engineering.
- According to WHO, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading cause of death, globally, which accounts for more than 17 million lives each year. Prosthetic graft plays a major role in coronary artery bypass. Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) remains the mainstay of revascularisation for multi vessel coronary artery disease (CAD).
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Prosthetic Graft Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global prosthetic graft market, attributable to technological advancements, positive results from ongoing clinical trial trails as well as growing patients related to cardiovascular diseases, which has further driven the market. Presence of companies with expertise in offering diagnostic tests is likely to drive the prosthetic graft market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of cardiac diseases, diabetes, ESRD, and vascular occlusions in countries of Asia Pacific is estimated to boost the prosthetic graft market in the region. Adoption of innovative raw material to avoid any kind of infection in the future, as compared to traditional material polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) grafts or polyester, is anticipated to propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Prosthetic Graft Market
The global prosthetic graft market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global prosthetic graft market include:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cardinal Health
- Medtronic Plc
- Vingmed Danmark A/S
- Cook Medical
- Lemaitre Vascular, Inc.
- Terumo Medical Corporation
- Endologix, Inc.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Getinge AB
Global Prosthetic Graft Market: Research Scope
Global Prosthetic Graft Market: by Type
- Polyester Grafts
- ePTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- Polyurethane Grafts
- Biosynthetic Grafts
Global Prosthetic Graft Market, by Indication
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Peripheral Vascular
- Hemodialysis Access
- Coronary Artery Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Global Prosthetic Graft Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.