Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market (Therapy: Hormone Therapy, Chemotherapy, Biologic Therapy, and Targeted Therapy; Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Sales, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - Product Differentiation to Create Fructuous Opportunities
According to a recent report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR), the prostate cancer therapeutics market was valued at ~US$ 10 Bn in 2019, and is projected to arrive at a value tantamount to ~US$ 19.6 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% during the period of 2019-2027. The rise of prostate cancer at an alarming rate - ~1.6 Mn new diagnosed cases of prostate cancer were registered in 2017 - as found by the American Cancer Society, is a crucial factor influencing patients into availing prostate cancer therapeutics. However, the key success factor propelling notable cancer therapeutics uptake is attributable to advancements in oncology, leading to the early diagnosis of prostate cancer.
The movement of the prostate cancer therapeutics market, however, could be hampered, in light of the reluctance evinced by patients towards premium cancer therapies and drugs. However, private and public sector investments made for underpinning the research and development activities of market players will catapult the growth trajectory of the market.
To know the segments analyzed in the TMR report, ask for a brochure here
Biotechnology - A Novel Technology Driving Effectiveness of Therapeutics
Recent developments in prostate cancer therapeutics encompass various bioinformatics programs to achieve optimal cancer treatment. Market players approach prostate cancer therapeutics with an innovative approach, including proteome profiling, exome sequencing, and whole-genome, to develop a pathway for an effective cure and treatment.
An example of this can be taken from Biopep Solutions, Inc. The company is centering its efforts towards the development of BPS-001, which is a complex and multivalent biologic drug that possesses anti-tumor attributes. The drug is said to inhibit the progression of tumor cells, thereby curbing the future progression of prostate cancer.
Emerging trends have also identified the rapid growth in oral drugs intake. Surgeons recommend the intake of oral drugs on a regular basis for chemotherapy, in light of their long-time-to-effectiveness. In addition, drugs administered through intravenous therapies are highly likely to cause side effects to the hair, bone marrow, and intestines, which further upkeeps the popularity of oral therapeutics.
To know more about TMRs unique offerings for Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market, request a sample here
Hospital Pharmacies to Drive Significant Prostate Cancer Therapeutics
Despite the growing number of ambulatory surgical centers and clinics centered at offering therapies for the treatment of prostate cancer, hospitals remain the preferred medium of care. This leads to the high sales of prostate cancer therapeutics through hospital pharmacies, which is likely to account for half of the market share in 2027, by recording an above-average CAGR of ~9% during 2019-2027.
The technological lead of North America, centered at the development of novel technologies to improve the effectiveness of prostate cancer therapeutics, and the advent of vaccines such as Sipuleucel-T, are projected to remain intact during the forecast period. In 2019, North America will account for ~41% market share, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
The growth of the European prostate cancer therapeutics market will remain influenced by the high incidence of prostate cancer reported in France and Norway, which has led to the rise in the development of early detection and treatment therapies. That being said, Asia Pacific will demonstrate an exponential improvement in market performance, given the spurt in the number of medical tourists seeking cost-effective treatment in developing countries.
Get a snapshot of the latest report on Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market with Custom Report here
Authors of the study maintain a promising outlook on the growth of the prostate cancer therapeutics market during 2019-2027. In this consolidated market, research & development initiatives made towards intensifying focus on ‘patient-centric’ care are projected to foster innovation regarding effective drugs and therapies. However, market players could experience a pull, in light of patients’ dependency on the availability and coverage of reimbursements from health insurance companies.
Since androgen-independent prostate cancer drugs evince lesser side-effects, patients show high confidence in these drugs, which market players can take note of to increase their production rates. Shifting of production facilities to developing countries of Asia Pacific can help market players reduce overhead costs, and, in turn, bring down the high prices of prostate cancer therapeutics.
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Overview
- The global prostate cancer therapeutics market was valued at ~US$ 9.6 Bn in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~8% from 2019 to 2027.
- Rise in the prevalence of prostate cancer, launch of promising emerging therapies, innovation in the development of new drugs & therapeutic biological products, and high growth in hormone-refractory prostate cancer drugs due to lesser side effects are the key factors that are fueling the growth of the global prostate cancer therapeutics market.
- Prostate cancer is the most common non-cutaneous cancer occurring globally. Consistent rise in the geriatric population, sedentary lifestyle of people in developed countries, and incidence of urological disorder at an early age augment the prevalence of prostate cancer, globally.
- The last decade has seen substantial advances in androgen receptor targeting in prostate cancer. Additionally, advances have been made in immunotherapy and radiopharmaceutical-based therapy, although their optimal use in the clinic remains unclear.
- Important advances in prostate cancer therapeutics, including enzalutamide, abiraterone acetate, sipuleucel-T, cabazitaxel, and radium-233 have also been made in the last decade.
- By targeting the androgen receptor (AR) with high affinity and impacting its translocation and function within the nucleus, enzalutamide represents a considerable advance over first-generation antiandrogens.
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Increase in healthy living in developed economies has increased the geriatric population, which, in turn, has led to high incidence of prostate cancer. According to the Prostate Cancer Foundation, a majority of prostate cancer cases are diagnosed in men over 65. Hence, consistent increase in the geriatric population, sedentary lifestyle of people in developed countries, and incidence of urological disorder at an early age augment the prevalence of prostate cancer, globally. This propels the need for and demand for prostate cancer therapeutics. According to the Urology Care Foundation, around 1 in 7 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer, and approximately 1 in 35 men succumb to this disease.
- Various emerging diagnostic techniques have revolutionized prostate cancer detection at an early phase. Measurement of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) level has helped the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Promising new therapies in phase II and phase III trials include new cytotoxic agents, hormonal agents, and other antiprostate-specific membrane antigen therapies. According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), a combination of hormonal and anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen (CTLA) treatment strategies can provoke a focused immune response against prostate tumors.
- Prominent players in the prostate cancer treatment market are emphasizing on R&D and manufacture of therapeutics for the long-term survival of patients. Castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) has driven the approvals of effective & potent systemic agents as first and second-line treatments. Currently, a number of molecular agents are in the early phase of clinical trials for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer therapeutics include various forms of treatments such as hormonal therapy, chemotherapy, and biological & targeted therapy. However, the high cost of targeted therapies & other immunotherapies is expected to be a major restraint of the global market. According to the Global Oncology Trend Report, global pricing associated with oncology drugs and supportive care medicines increased by 11.5% in 2015, wherein, the U.S. accounted for ~46% of the global revenue in the oncology market.
- High costs associated with targeted therapies for prostate cancer hamper the adoption of these therapies among the population. Low awareness about technological advancements in the therapeutic area of prostate cancer in developing countries is likely to restrain the prostate cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period. Chemotherapy exhibits poor response rates in later stage prostate cancer, and hence, it was reserved as a palliation for patients with hormone-refractory disease. Most oncologists do not consider systemic therapies in early-stage prostate cancer due to negative perception toward early systemic therapy.
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Segment Analysis
- The global prostate cancer therapeutics market has been segmented based on therapy, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of therapy, the global market has been classified into hormone therapy (luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone analogs, luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonists, and antiandrogens), chemotherapy (systemic chemotherapy and regional chemotherapy), biologic therapy, and targeted therapy.
- The hormone therapy segment dominated the global prostate cancer therapeutics market in 2018, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- Based on distribution channel, the global market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online sales, and others.
- The hospital pharmacies segment dominated the global market in 2018, due to an increase in admissions of geriatric patients in hospitals and laboratories for the diagnosis of old age-related diseases.
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global prostate cancer therapeutics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America
- North America was a major market for prostate cancer therapeutics in 2018. The demand for prostate cancer therapeutic products is high in the region due to a rise in the disease prevalence. However, growth of the market in North America is attributed to the launch of promising emerging therapies in the biologic and hormone therapy segments. The expected launch of some pipeline products is likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Manufacturers are anticipated to focus on hormone therapy segments such as antiandrogens in the prostate cancer therapeutics market in Europe. The hormone therapy segment is expected to continue to be a potentially viable segment for investment during the forecast period. The expected launch of pipeline products late in the forecast period is likely to boost market growth. However, restrictions on the use of few drugs by the European Medicines Agency for the treatment of prostate cancer are anticipated to hamper the market in the region 2019 and 2027.
- Asia Pacific
- Manufacturers in the prostate cancer therapeutics market in Asia Pacific are anticipated to focus on therapies such as antiandrogens and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonists. The hormone therapies segment is expected to continue to be a potentially-viable segment for investment during the forecast period. Rise in awareness programs by associations and companies is a major factor likely to boost the growth of the market in the region in the near future.
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global prostate cancer therapeutics market include
- Amgen, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Biotech, Inc.)
- Pfizer, Inc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Ipsen Group
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sanpower Group (Dendreon Corporation).
These players are adopting strategies such as new product development, partnerships, and acquisitions to remain competitive in the global market.
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - Scope of the Study
[206 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (PMR) carried out a comprehensive analysis measuring the growth potential of the prostate cancer therapeutics market in its latest research report for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The business study encompasses some key insights for market players that can help them upkeep their position and consolidate their share in the market.
The research report intends to offer rare and distinguished information apropos of the growth of the market, and brings to the fore the latent growth opportunities for market players. With the help of the insights found by this research, stakeholders operating in the market will gain an incisive outlook pertaining to the growth trajectory, which can help them in making sustainable strategies for their business growth.
This exclusive business study consists of an incisive outlook regarding the evolution of the prostate cancer therapeutics market and changing dynamics during the course of the forecast period of 2019-2027. This exclusive business study provides information regarding the crucial drivers, threats, opportunities, and trends available in the market, in order to equip stakeholders with the most recent developments and market shifts.
This detailed research report also covers a comprehensive SWOT analysis of the leading, prominent, and emerging market players functioning in the market. This will aid stakeholders achieve an incisive outlook pertaining to the growth of the market.
This exclusive guide analyzes and discusses Porter’s Five Forces to offer key growth strategies available in the prostate cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period. This comprehensive guide offers significant information about the competition present in the market by determining key competitors. The exclusive report also includes key strategies, financials, and notable developments present in the market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - Key Questions Answered
The report on the prostate cancer therapeutics market answers key concerns encircling the growth of the market.
- What are the recent developments and market shifts observed in the market?
- What are the key winning imperatives for leading and prominent players functioning in the market?
- What are the significant trends stimulating the growth of the market?
- Which end-use industry will exert strong influence on the market?
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - Research Methodology
The research report conducted by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analysts consists of a systematic methodology, employed with a view to cull key insights pertaining to the growth of the market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Discussions with opinion leaders, market heads, vendors, distributors, industry experts, and key players were conducted in order to conduct primary research. In addition to this, our analysts also carried out a thorough secondary study of marketing collaterals, industry associations, company websites, and government statistics.
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - Segmentation
In order to present an incisive view of the prostate cancer therapeutics market, analysts and researchers of the report have segregated the prostate cancer therapeutics market on the basis of therapy, distribution channel, and region. This comprehensive business study also analyzes the incremental opportunity present in the prostate cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period. The key segments of the prostate cancer therapeutics market are as mentioned below:
Middle East & Africa