Prostate Cancer Diagnostics: Introduction
- Prostate cancer is the cancer of the prostate gland, which is a part of the male reproductive system. Prostate cancer is an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells in the prostate gland of a male. It is the second-most common cancer, after skin cancer, occurring in men.
- It is prevalent in geriatric men over the age of 50
- New product launches and acquisitions are current market strategies adopted by leading players in order to consolidate their position in the market
Key Drivers of Global Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market
- Increased prevalence of prostate cancer, growing awareness among people, rising treatment demand, and availability of new treatments are key drivers boosting the prostate cancer diagnostics market
- Prostate cancer is more common in adults over the age of 50. Hence, an increase in the geriatric population fuels the market.
- Government initiatives, rise in awareness about prostate cancer & available treatments, and progressive healthcare services due to a surge in healthcare expenditure are projected to propel the global market
- However, cancer being an asymptomatic disease in the initial stage needs accurate diagnosis at an early stage. Inaccurate and unaffordable diagnosis is likely to hamper the global market.
Preliminary Test Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of test type, the global prostate cancer diagnostics market can be divided into preliminary tests and confirmatory tests. The confirmatory tests segment can be further sub-segmented into PCA3 tests, trans-rectal ultrasound, and biopsy.
- The preliminary tests segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019 owing to easy availably of preliminary tests that facilitate early diagnoses of prostate cancer
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global prostate cancer diagnostics market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, cancer centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global prostate cancer diagnostics market by 2030 due to an increase in hospitalization for prostate cancer
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global prostate cancer diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a major share of the global market in 2019 owing to an increase in incidence of prostate cancer, innovative healthcare solutions, advanced healthcare infrastructure, and rise in concerns about prostate issues. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), prostate cancer is the second-most prominent cause of death among men suffering from various cancer types in the U.S. Europe accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019.
- The prostate cancer diagnostics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in awareness about prostate disease and innovative diagnostic & treatment options. Major players find countries in Asia to be lucrative markets for prostate cancer diagnostics and hence, are making significant investments.
Key Players Operating in Global Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market
The global prostate cancer diagnostics market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global prostate cancer diagnostics market are:
- MDx Health
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- F. Hoffman-La Roche AG
- Genomic Health
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- OPKO Health, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Biomérieux SA
- Diasorin S.P.A.
Global Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Test Type
- Preliminary Tests
- Confirmatory Tests
- PCA3 Tests
- Trans-rectal Ultrasound
Global Prostate Cancer Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Cancer Centers
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.