Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market: Introduction
- The proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) process is analogous to the dynamic wound healing that leads to skin keloid formation. Retinal glial cells and macrophages could also play important roles by providing a scaffold for membrane formation and/or by releasing trophic factors. The surgical approach for PVR is generally the same for primary retinal detachments without membranes. The principal difference is that there is significantly more retinal traction in PVR, which is caused by membranes and bands rather than vitreous gel alone. PVR is currently the biggest obstacle to successful retinal reattachment surgery, accounting for nearly 75% of all primary surgical failures. PVR is characterized by growth and migration of preretinal or subretinal membranes. Iatrogenic tears are more common when removing anterior PVR (near the vitreous base). When tears occur or when PVR is difficult to remove with peeling alone, a relaxing retinectomy could be needed. Given the inflammatory nature of PVR, corticosteroids are considered to be primary therapeutic candidates when trying to prevent PVR.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market
Increase in Geriatric Population
- The world’s geriatric population continues to increase at an unprecedented rate. Presently, 8.5% of the global population (617 million) is aged 65 and over. According to a new report, An Aging World: 2015, the percentage is projected to jump to nearly 17% of the global population by 2050 (1.6 billion). According to the National Institutes of Health, the U.S.’s 65-and-over population is anticipated to nearly double in the next three decades, from 48 million to 88 million by 2050. The global population of the “oldest old” - people aged 80 and older - is expected to more than triple between 2015 and 2050, increasing from 126.5 million to 446.6 million. The oldest old population in some countries in Asia and Latin America is likely to quadruple by 2050.
Surge in incidence of Retinoblastoma
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) occurs after retinal detachment and is a major complication of surgical reattachment of the retina, occurring in 3.9% to 13.7% of human patients. PVR is also a common complication following a number of ocular injuries, with the highest frequency after perforating and penetrating wounds, in which the incidence is 10% to 45%. Proliferative vitreoretinopathy is the biggest obstacle to successful retinal reattachment surgery, with a cumulative risk of approximately 5% to 10% of all retinal detachment repairs, accounting for around 75% of all primary surgical failures.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global proliferative vitreoretinopathy market during the forecast period. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace, primarily due to structured reimbursement policies, developed health care infrastructure, and continuous research activities in developing advanced technologies. Favorable government policies and reimbursements provided by the government along with robust health care facilities are the major factors boosting the growth of the proliferative vitreoretinopathy market in North America.
- The proliferative vitreoretinopathy market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in trend of preventive health care measures in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market
The global proliferative vitreoretinopathy market is highly consolidated, due to strong presence of a few key players. Several manufacturers hold major share in the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global proliferative vitreoretinopathy market are:
- Novartis AG
- Promedior, Inc.
- RXi Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Allergan plc
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Genentech, Inc.
Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market: Research Scope
Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market, by Drug Type
Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.