Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Introduction
- The procalcitonin test is the measure of the levels of calcitonin in the blood. The test is used as an indicator of presence or absence of serious bacterial infections, especially sepsis. High levels of procalcitonin in the blood represent the presence of sepsis in the body.
- Sepsis is the severe response of the body against bacterial infection when the bacterial infection spreads from one part the body to other parts through the blood circulation. Sepsis can lead to increased heartbeat, low blood pressure, shortness of the breath, uneasiness, restlessness, and other symptoms.
- The procalcitonin test thus helps healthcare providers’ early diagnosis of the sepsis and other bacterial infections in the body before they spread to the other body parts
- The procalcitonin test is recommended for patients having symptoms of sepsis or other bacterial infections, fever and chills, sweating, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, extreme pain, and very low blood pressure
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Procalcitonin Test Kits Market Report
Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rates of sepsis, pneumonia meningitis, and lower respiratory tract infections across the globe primarily drive the global procalcitonin test kits market
- For instance, according to the global sepsis alliance foundation, every year around 47 to 50 million people get affected by sepsis and around 11 million people die due to sepsis across the globe
- The mortality rates due to sepsis vary from 15% to 50% depending upon the country
- The technological advancements in early detection of procalcitonin levels in the blood such as EIA testing, ELISA testing, and point-of-care testing are likely to drive the market during the forecast period
- Moreover, increase in usage of procalcitonin test for the optimization of course of antibiotic treatment, newer regulatory guidelines emphasizing on increased usage of procalcitonin tests in the golden hours of treatment, and increased levels of awareness about the rapid procalcitonin tests are likely to contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Immunoassay Kits to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global procalcitonin test kits market can be segmented into immunoassay test kits, immunochromatography test kits, and others. The immunoassay test kits segment in projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The immunoassay test kits, especially the ELISA kits, are widely and most commonly used test kits for the detection of levels of procalcitonin in the blood. Easy availability, low cost, ease of use, and precise output reading are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of end-user, the global procalcitonin test kits market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, physician offices, and others. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of diagnostic laboratories across the globe, comparatively large volumes of samples for testing in diagnostic laboratories, and growing number of diagnostic laboratories in emerging economies are estimated to boost the segment growth during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Procalcitonin Test Kits Market Report
Asia Pacific Procalcitonin Test Kits Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global procalcitonin test kits market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of sepsis, meningitis, and other bacterial infections in the region; well-established healthcare facilities in the region; and higher rates of prescription of antibiotics are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The procalcitonin test kits market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The key factors responsible for the high CAGR in Asia Pacific are rapidly growing number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, improving healthcare infrastructure, and rapidly growing population with bacterial infection in China and India.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global procalcitonin test kits market is highly fragmented with large number of domestic players holding key market share in global market. Key players operating in global procalcitonin test kits market are:
- bioMérieux SA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- RayBiotech, Inc.
- Hangzhou Kitgen Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Radiometer ( Danaher Corporation)
- EKF Diagnostics Holdings plc
- Merck KGaA
- Abbott laboratories
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by Product
- Immunoassay Kits
- Immunochromatography Kits
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Physician Office
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.