Probiotics such as lactic acid bacteria and other specific strains of bacteria are typically used in the fermentation of a variety of dairy products. The fermentation process makes these products easier to digest, especially for people who are lactose-intolerant as well as improve their shelf life. Probiotic fermented milk has garnered rising momentum over the years for proven benefits to health and lower levels of lactose. In addition to improving gut or digestive function, probiotic fermented milk helps in boosting the immune systems and marinating the overall health. Consumption of probiotic fermented milk has a long tradition and plays an important role in the nutrition of people.
Probiotic Fermented Milk Market – Notable Developments
Lifeway Foods, Danisco (Dupont), Valio, FrieslandCampina, General Mills, Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd, Nestle, Danone, Bio K + International, and Morinaga Milk Industry are among the key players operating in the probiotic fermented milk market.
- In March 2019, Lifeway Foods, a leading probiotic kefir products provider, announced to showcase a fresh brand design and many new products at the Natural Products Expo West 2019. The company aims at becoming the most innovative probiotic and fermented foods brand in the business. It will show its new line of plant-based probiotic beverages – ‘Plantiful’, which is made with non-GMO pea protein and all organic ingredients.
- In January 2019, Yofix Probiotics, an Israeli start-up, launched its first line of dairy-free yogurt with probiotic culture. These products are based on clean-label formula made from natural ingredients such as seeds, grains, fruits, and live cultures, and are sold under the brand name Only in Israel.
- In April 2018, France-based dairy company Danone, a leading probiotic fermented milk market player, had introduced five new products which have been developed to bring various food experiences around the world to the natives of France. These products include Icelandic skyr, Lebanese-inspired Laban product, Turkish Ayran, Indian Lassi, and Greece-originated Straggisto.
Probiotic Fermented Milk Market Dynamics
Significant increase in the demand for probiotic fermented milk can be attributed to it benefits in improving many digestive and gastrointestinal conditions. Expansion of dairy industry on the account of rising global population and increasing consumption of food and beverages is foreseen to be highly impactful on the growth of probiotic fermented milk market. Apart from beverages and dairy product, the probiotic fermented milk is gaining robust application in cosmetic and personal care industry which will continue to bode well with the global expansion of the market.
The probiotic fermented milk market is likely to gain significant traction in the coming years, with rise in consumer awareness about the use of products based on probiotic fermented milk which help improve the nutritional value. Moreover, food manufacturers across the globe are focusing on experimenting various types of taste enhancers and flavorings, especially in food for children in younger demographic. This in turn may complement the future expansion of probiotic fermented milk market globally.
Asia Pacific to Account for Substantial Revenue Share in Probiotic Fermented Milk Market
Asia Pacific has been emerging among the largest consumers of dairy and other related products. Escalating demand for western products in the developing nations on the coattails of rising disposable income and high purchasing capabilities is anticipated to largely influence the growth of Asia Pacific probiotic fermented milk market. In addition, widening application base of probiotic fermented milk market in multiple industries along with increasing awareness about their benefits to health among consumers will possibly boost the market growth.
Probiotic Fermented Milk Market Segmentation
Based on product type, the probiotic fermented milk market can be segmented into:
Based on application, the probiotic fermented milk market can be segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Probiotic Drinks
- Probiotic Milk
- Probiotic-rich Fermented Milk
- Fermented Milk Products
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.