Global Private Healthcare Market: Introduction
Privately funded healthcare service or private healthcare market is prognosticated to experience a significant rise in the forthcoming years, all across the globe. It has various services such as private medical insurance, acute medical care, psychiatric care, primary care, and long term care. The Private medical healthcare facilities are backed by out of pocket funds and private medical insurance policies. Among these several sectors of private healthcare, long term care sector is anticipated to emerge as the major sector in the global private healthcare market. The industry differs in responsibilities and size based on countries. In many nations, the private healthcare market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of various players operating in it. The market has various small players owned by health experts. However, the market is likely to expand more in coming years.
Global Private Healthcare Market: Novel Developments
In countries like India, public healthcare system has been bearing the weight of healthcare sector single handedly since decades. But, It has now become difficult to manage the well-being of a country with population of around 150 crore. As a result private healthcare market is being welcomed and supported with open arms for the providing best healthcare services to the people at affordable rate. Nevertheless, since most of the expenditure goes into buying advanced technologies, and devices, it becomes difficult to maintain the low price mark.
- In India, Ayushman Bharat policy was launched in September 2018. This was when the nation was undergoing a major shift in trend. The insurance policy launched by the government had the capacity of improving the lives of millions of people, with effective reduction in price.
- A well-known employee experience platform, Perkbox got into partnership with another global healthcare service organization Healix. The main aim was to expand its medical facilities by including two more tiers of health insurance. Perkbox Medical help decrease cost of health insurance for every organization. It has successfully achieved the goal by integrating the new policy benefits in order to provide great cover in major industries. It has also kept the cost factor in check throughout the claim journey. The aim is to cater for the private healthcare needs across a wide spectrum of businesses, in an accessible and easy-to-manage way.
- Private healthcare service in Upper East region claim to gradually withdraw their facilities from the coming months, in case National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) fails to pay them a part of their claims.
Dr. Francis Asaanah, Regional Chairman of Association of Private Healthcare, in a media conference in Bolgatanga, stated that at least 5 towns in the region would suffer if the services are withdrawn.
The key players leading the global private healthcare market include Bupa Insurance Ltd., Bupa Care Homes Plc, Capita Health and Wellbeing Ltd., Colombia Asia, Four Seasons Healthcare Ltd., MedLife and Hca International.
Global Private Healthcare Market Dynamics
Increase in Geriatric Population to Bolster Demand in Private Healthcare Market
Rise in number of elderly people, better reimbursement policies, and rising prevalence of chronic ailments are among the major factors contributing in the growth of private healthcare market all over the globe. Moreover, increase in outsourcing by National Health Services (NHS) and presence of advance healthcare facilities and treatment are boosting the demand of the global private healthcare market. Nevertheless, high expenses involved and sluggish economic growth are the major elements hindering the demand in the global private healthcare market.
Ailments Related to Change in lifestyle to make North America Lead Globally
Regionally, North America leads the global private healthcare market owing to rising geriatric population, and ailments related to change in lifestyle. Asia trailed by Europe are as well foreseen to depict a significant growth rate in the forthcoming years in the global private healthcare market. Nations like India and China are likely to emerge as the fastest growing market for private healthcare in Asia-Pacific.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.