Published: Sep, 2017
Windsurfing continues to remain a fast-growing watersports in the world. With enough wind to hoist the sails, windsurfers from around the world are converting natural water bodies into playgrounds for this surface water sport. Manufacturers of windsurfing equipment continue to develop new boards and sails to improve the aquadynamic performance of windsurfers. Style of windsurfing, weight of windsurfer and type of windsurfing are key criteria governing the development of equipment such as windsurfing boards and windsurfing sails.
Competitive event or as a pastime interest, windsurfing continues to gain popularity on the back of effectiveness of equipment that enable windsurfers to perform amusing styles. Although, low replacement rate and sturdiness of windsurfing equipment is becoming the very cause for their temperately-growing sales globally.
According to Transparency Market Research, growth of the global market for windsurfing equipment will slacken during the forecast period, 2017-2022. Global sales of windsurfing equipment are pegged to procure a little over US$ 450 Mn revenues by the end of 2022. Following insights from the Transparency Market Research report reveal how the global windsurfing equipment market will sail through 2022.
Key Insights on Windsurfing Equipment Market
- Coolrider windsurfing boards are expected to emerge as top-selling products in the global windsurfing equipment market. Popularity of Coolrider boards is being instrumented by growing proclivity of windsurfers towards this style of sailing. Contrarily, the demand for Savage windsurfing sails will decline towards the latter half of the forecast period, reflecting the lowest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The report projects a decelerated sales of windsurfing equipment through sports stores. Low presence of watersports gear will factor the nascent sales of windsurfing equipment across sports store channels. Online channels, on the other hand, will reflect impressive growth, while windsurfing equipment bought from franchised stores will net revenues worth over US$ 100 Mn by 2022-end.
- North America will remain the largest market for windsurfing equipment in the world. In 2017, North America’s windsurfing equipment market is expected to reach US$ 110 Mn value. A majority of windsurfing sporting events are concentered in the US, where International Sailing Federation oversees the endeavors. Higher participation in watersports such as windsurfing across the US is expected to drive the growth of windsurfing equipment market in this region.
- Demand for windsurfing equipment in economy price-range will remain significantly high throughout the forecast period. Premium-priced windsurfing equipment, however, will witness a considerable uptick, creating an incremental opportunity of more than US$ 25 Mn between 2017 and 2022.
- The report also observes Europe as a lucrative market for windsurfing equipment. Through 2022, sales of windsurfing equipment in Europe are pegged to bring in over US$ 100 Mn revenues, but at a moderately sluggish CAGR.
The report has profiled companies that will remain active in expansion of global windsurfing equipment market, which include Societe BIC, S.A., Kona Windsurfing Ab, TABOU SURFBOARDS, Ricci International Srl, Shriro Holdings Ltd., Point 7 International Ltd., Kai Nalu Incorporated, Drops Boards SAS, Witchcraft Windsurfing, and Mistral International B.V.
Windsurfing Equipment Market, Product Analysis
- Bullitt Windsurfing Board
- Coolrider Windsurfing Board
- Manta Windsurfing Board
- 3S Windsurfing Board
- Rocket Windsurfing Board
- Freetime Windsurfing Sail
- Vapor Windsurfing Sail
- Pilot Windsurfing Sail
- Matrix Windsurfing Sail
- Savage Windsurfing Sail
Global Windsurfing Equipment Market, Channel Analysis
- Sport Stores
- Franchised Stores
- Specialty Stores
Global Windsurfing Equipment Market, Price Range Analysis
In addition, the report also delivers a cross-sectional analysis of all aforementioned segments across the following geographical markets:
Global Windsurfing Equipment Market, by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- GCC Countries
- South Africa