Published: Jun, 2019
According to a new research report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) , the global ion beam technology market is expected to reach value of around US$ 780 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of more than 7% from 2019 to 2027. According to the report, the global ion beam technology market is likely to continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and market-specific factors in the next few years. In terms of demand, the ion beam technology in Asia Pacific is projected to continue to lead the global ion beam technology market, with the ion beam technology market in the region expanding at a CAGR of nearly 9% between 2019 and 2027.
Global Ion Beam Technology Market: Overview
- Ion beam instruments have experienced an extensive period of maturation since their inception.
- While the mainstream application of ion beam systems remains limited to the semiconductor industry, the usage of these systems has extended to other areas such as geology, forensics, biology, pharmaceuticals, composites, ceramics, and metallurgy.
Ion Beam Etching System Segment Prominent in the Global Ion Beam Technology Market
- The ion beam etching system segment was dominant, holding around 66% share of the global ion beam technology market in 2018.
- The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance in the ion beam technology market during the forecast period also, owing to the extensive utilization of ion beam etching systems across various industries, for different applications such as frequency trimming or surface trimming of bulk acoustic wave (BAW) filters, surface trimming of surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters, and thickness and pole width correction of thin film recording heads.
Coating of Dielectric Film a Highly Lucrative Application Segment of the Global Ion Beam Technology Market
- In 2018, the coating of dielectric film segment held a leading, i.e. 32.14% share of the global ion beam technology market. The segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of nearly 8% in the ion beam technology during the forecast period.
- Thin films are largely used across various photovoltaic solar cells, semiconductor circuit boards, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and optical coatings.
Asia Pacific to be a Highly Lucrative Market for Ion Beam Technology
- In terms of geography, the global ion beam technology market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America. Asia Pacific dominated the global ion beam technology market, holding 47.5% of the market share in 2018. The ion beam technology market in the region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- China is anticipated to lead the ion beam technology market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. High concentration of electronic equipment manufacturers in China and the anticipated exponential growth of the semiconductor industry in the country are key factors expected to fuel the demand for ion beam etching technology in the country during the forecast period.
- This, in turn, is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for various manufacturers of ion beam equipment during the forecast period, to expand their businesses.
Ion Beam Technology Market: Competition Landscape
- With the objective of business expansion, several players operating in the global ion beam technology market are expanding their offerings through strategic mergers and acquisitions, as well as partnerships. Furthermore, an increasing number of players are spending significantly on R&D activities to develop innovative and technologically-advanced ion beam technology solutions.
Some of the prominent players operating in the global ion beam technology market are
- Meyer Burger Technology AG
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Scia Systems GmbH
- 4Wave Incorporated
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Canon Anelva Corporation
- Raith GmbH.
The global Ion beam technology market has been segmented as follows:
Global Ion Beam Technology Market by Technology
- Ion Beam Etching Systems
- Ion Beam Deposition Systems
Global Ion Beam Technology Market by Application
- Frequency Trimming of BAW Filters
- Surface Trimming of SAW Filters
- Thickness and Pole Width Correction of Thin Film Recording Heads
- Coating of Dielectric Film
Global Ion Beam Technology Market by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Eastern Europe including Russia
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada