Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market: Introduction
- Transparency Market Research has published a new report titled, “Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market”. According to the report, the global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market was valued at US$ 47.8 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2019 to 2027.
- The global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market is driven by increase awareness among people related to the early diagnosis of HEV. The presence of IgG titers in the test sample indicates that the individual has been previously infected by HEV. According to WHO, over 20.1 million cases of infection are estimated globally, of which over 3.3 million are symptomatic cases, leading to over 70,000 deaths and 3,000 stillbirths.
ELISA HEV IgM test kits segment to Account for Leading Share of Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market
- ELISA HEV IgM test kits are expected to be the dominant test type segment in the forecast period, owing to its application as the primary test for the diagnosis of hepatitis E infections. The growing sero-prevalence of hepatitis E globally, leads to an increase in the acute cases of infection contributing to the increasing demand for the ELISA HEV IgM test kits in the market. In addition, the hyper-endemic prevalence of hepatitis E in various countries of Asia Pacific and Africa contribute to the increase in the demand for the diagnostic kits in the forecast period.
- In addition, the lack of proper sanitation facilities, and lack of access to safe drinking water in the rural areas of developing regions, also contributes to the increasing spread of the disease, contributing to the growth in the number of acute infections. This segment is expected to be followed by RT-PCR segment as this test is considered as the direct test for the diagnosis of acute infections of hepatitis E. In addition, RT-PCR test is the confirmatory test for the identification of acute HEV infections as it is based on the detection of HEV-RNA in the human serum, plasma or fecal samples. The market for ELISA HEV IgG test kits is expected to record a modest growth as these test kits are used to estimate the sero-prevalence rates of hepatitis E in the geographic regions. The presence of IgG titers in the test sample indicates that the individual has been previously infected by HEV.
Research Centers and Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Account for Significant Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market Share
- Research centers and diagnostic laboratories are expected to record a strong growth in the hepatitis E diagnostic tests market. The growing sero-prevalence of hepatitis E, which was once considered as a silent disease, has contributed to the increase in the research on the modes of transmission of the disease, which is contributing to the growth of the research centers. In addition, studies are being conducted on the severe complications of hepatitis E, and the mode of infection of various genotypes of hepatitis E, which positively adds to the revenue share of research centers in the hepatitis E diagnostic tests market.
- Hepatitis E is known to cause severe infection leading to fulminant hepatitis, ultimately causing death. The rate of death among pregnant women is known to be around 15% and 20%. This high rate of death among pregnant women, has contributed to the increasing screening for hepatitis E among pregnant women, contributing to the increasing revenue share of diagnostic laboratories. The modest growth in the hospitals segment can be attributed to the growing focus on screening for hepatitis E among the blood donors.
Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market: Prominent Regions
- Asia Pacific held the largest share of the global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market in 2018. The high sero-prevalence of hepatitis E in the region and the lack of proper sanitation and access to safe drinking water, are the primary factors contributing to the growth of the market. For instance, research reports indicate that 50% of reported acute hepatitis cases can be attributed to hepatitis E infections in India. In addition, hepatitis E is hyper-endemic in various countries of Asia Pacific, such as India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Thailand, and Burma among others, which would positively aid in the growth of the hepatitis E diagnostic tests market. Furthermore, the presence of market leader in the region, contributes to the increasing revenue share of the region.
Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market: Key Players
- Key players in the global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market focus on strengthening their positions in the global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market
- Major players in the hepatitis E diagnostic tests market include altona Diagnostics GmbH, Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise Co., Ltd., Biokit S.A., Dia.Pro - Diagnostic Bioprobes s.r.l, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Fast-track diagnostics Ltd., Fortress Diagnostics Limited, Mikrogen GmBH, MP Biomedicals, LLC., and Primerdesign Ltd., among others. The market players have well developed distribution networks, which enable them to effectively distribute their products globally.
The global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests market has been segmented as follows:
- Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market, by Test Type
- ELISA HEV IgM Test kits
- ELISA HEV IgG Test kits
- RT-PCR Test kits
- Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market, by End-user
- Research Centers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Point of Care
- Global Hepatitis E Diagnostic Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC