According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research on the global fuel card market for the forecast period of 2019–2027, the fuel card market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 55 Bn by 2027.
Global Fuel Card Market: Overview
- The global fuel card market was valued at ~US$ 33 Bn in 2018, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027. The market is expanding significantly in terms of size and value. The standard card technology segment is dominating the global fuel card market.
- The fuel card market in Asia Pacific is growing rapidly. Growing disposable income is driving people to opt for technologically-advanced cards to save on fuel expenses. Moreover, increasing of government initiatives in developing countries for the development of the corporate sector are driving the growth of the corporate fuel card market.
- Europe is the largest regional market in the global fuel card market, accounting for ~38% share of the global fuel card market in 2018. North America has the second-largest number of fuel card users, as a result of attractive offers by key companies and supportive government initiatives toward cashless transactions.
Fuel Card Market: Driving Factors
- Rising demand for cashless fuel transactions in developing economies (as it is critical for fleets to monitor fuel purchases to control and manage fuel spending) is driving the fuel card market. Fuel cards offer good quality data on fuel purchases, which helps monitor individual vehicle and driver fuel economy, and apply operational strategies to enhance performance.
- Canada, Sweden, the U.K., France, and the U.S. are the top five cashless economies in the world. Cashless payments help reduce fuel theft via chip and pin cards, which is driving the demand for fuel cards, globally.
- The fleet management market is influenced by technology. The adoption of fleet management software in data management and analytics has been growing, which is expected to significantly boost the fuel card market.
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing countries such as China, India, Mexico, South Africa, and Brazil is providing lucrative opportunities for the global fuel card market. Over the years, growth in the prepaid and contactless card industry has shaped the economies of several countries.
Fuel Card Market: Key Challenge
- Volatility in fuel prices is likely to be one of the major restraints of the fuel card market. As fuel prices are difficult to be projected, it is difficult to plan and budget for the same. Fuel prices are different across the globe; this is expected to have a huge negative impact on the growth of the fuel card market.
Fuel Card Market: Competitive Landscape
- The fuel card market includes several players focused on the development of new products to cater to the market demand.
- The report includes the below-mentioned pointers of major players operating in the fuel card market:
- Company Overview
- Product Profiling
- Market Share Analysis (2018)
- Product Innovation
- Business Strategies/Recent Developments
- Technological Advancements
- Key Mergers & Acquisitions
- Expansion Strategies
- Company Financial
Major Players Covered Under the Scope
Global Fuel Card Market: Market Segmentation
The fuel card market has been bifurcated into type, technology, end user, and region.
Fuel Card Market by Type
Fuel Card Market by Technology
- Smart Cards
- Standard Cards
Fuel Card Market by End User
Fuel Card Market by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector, such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, medical devices, consumer goods, and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC