Published: Jun, 2019
- The global copper pipes & tubes market was valued at US$ 29,710.2 Mn in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 3% during the forecast period.
- The global copper pipes & tubes market is driven by the expansion of the HVAC & refrigeration and industrial heat-exchange application segments.
- Asia Pacific accounts for a major share of the global copper pipes & tubes market. The demand for mid-range and economy air-conditioners is expected to rise in the developing countries of Asia Pacific. This is expected to positively impact the global copper pipes & tubes market.
Key Drivers of the Copper Pipes & Tubes Market
- Rise in the demand for thermally-efficient heat-exchange equipment is one of the key drivers of the copper pipes & tubes market. There is an increase in awareness regarding energy consumption. Strict environmental regulations and demand for certified energy-efficient products has positively influenced the global copper pipes & tubes market.
- Favorable government policies and tax rebates offered on installing energy-saving products such as industrial heat exchange equipment are expected to augment the demand for copper pipes & tubes.
- Increase in urbanization and rise in construction activities have led to the development of IT parks, malls, high-rise apartments, and skyscrapers. These require efficient HVAC systems for cooling and heating. HVAC & refrigeration systems is one of the prominent segments that employs copper pipes. Rise in the demand for HVAC systems in the construction sector is expected to indirectly drive the copper pipes & tubes market during the forecast period.
HVAC & Refrigeration Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The HVAC & refrigeration segment constituted a dominant share of the global copper pipes & tubes market in 2018. Copper pipes & tubes offer high durability, corrosion resistance, and mechanical strength; hence, they are preferred while designing pipes & tubes connecting critical HVAC components.
- The HVAC & refrigeration segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in disposable income in most developing countries in Asia Pacific and Latin America and increasing sales of HVAC and refrigeration systems are estimated to boost the demand for copper pipes & tubes during the forecast period.
- Copper pipes & tubes are primarily utilized in the construction of domestic as well as industrial refrigerators and air-conditioning systems. Expansion of IT infrastructure, malls, theaters, and office spaces is likely to boost the demand for HVAC systems during the forecast period.
- Industrial heat-exchange equipment is also anticipated to be an attractive segment of the copper pipes & tubes market, owing to an increase in the number of industries and thermal and other power plants across the world.
Volatile Prices of Copper Likely to Hamper the Global Copper Pipes & Tubes Market
- Copper prices are volatile and are subject to frequent variations. A significant portion of global copper supplies come from South America. Any supply disruption in this region has a major impact on the global copper market. Strikes at major copper producing mines and natural disasters such as earthquakes or landslides are frequent in the region. Together, Chile and Peru account for nearly 40% of the world’s proven reserves, and produce around 40% of the world’s supply in a given year.
- Supply disruption often leads to price rise for copper. Metals such as aluminum and steel are used to replace copper in some of the applications traditionally dominated by copper, such as power cables, refrigeration tubes, and heat exchangers. These factors are likely to restrain the global copper pipes & tubes market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Dominates the Copper Pipes & Tubes Market
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be a prominent region in the global copper pipes & tubes market. The demand for copper pipes & tubes in Asia Pacific is anticipated to rise at a fast pace during the forecast period, owing to rapid industrialization and urbanization in countries such as China, India, and those in South Asia.
- Urbanization is leading to infrastructural development in Asia Pacific. This has resulted in the construction of commercial complexes, new residential buildings, public spaces, etc. These inherently require HVAC and air conditioning. In turn, this is likely to boost the market for copper pipes & tubes in the region during the forecast period.
- China is the leading consumer of copper pipes & tubes in Asia Pacific. It is also one of the leading producers of refined copper. The country’s dominance of the global copper pipes & tubes market is further strengthened by the presence of a large number of manufacturers of copper pipes & tubes in China.
Few Key Players Dominate the Global Copper Pipes & Tubes Market
- The global copper pipes & tubes market is dominated by a few large and medium players that operate across the globe. Global Brass and Copper Holdings, Inc., EvalHalcor, Mueller Industries, Inc., Aurubis AG, and Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. are the top players involved in the manufacture of copper pipes & tubes. There are numerous other small- to medium-sized players operating in the copper pipes & tubes market.
- Several manufacturers have expanded their manufacturing capacities in the last few years, owing to the rise in the demand for copper pipes & tubes in HVAC and refrigeration applications in the construction industry. Some manufacturers have entered into strategic alliances with construction industry players to strengthen their position in the global copper pipes & tubes market. The market is fragmented, and this results in a high degree of competition among the players for increasing their market share.
Global Copper Pipes & Tubes Market: Research Scope
Global Copper Pipes & Tubes Market by Application
- HVAC & Refrigeration
- Industrial Heat-exchange Equipment
- Others (including Furniture & Lightning Fixtures, Decorative Bathroom Hardware, Musical Instruments, and Fire Protection)
Global Copper Pipes & Tubes Market by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453