Published: Aug, 2019
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report on the breast reconstruction market for the forecast period of 2019–2027. According to the report, the global breast reconstruction market was valued at ~ US$ 1.3 Bn in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 5% from 2019 to 2027. Rise in the prevalence of breast cancer, the launch of new products by companies, and the use of silicone breast implants & acellular dermal matrix for breast reconstruction are anticipated to augment the global breast reconstruction market from 2019 to 2027.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Breast Reconstruction Market”? Request a PDF sample here
- Rise in the prevalence of breast cancer, surge in the number of breast reconstruction procedures, and increase in the demand for acellular dermal matrix are expected to drive the global breast reconstruction market from 2019 to 2027.
- North America and Western Europe are likely to account for dominant shares of the global breast reconstruction market, owing to advancements in research & development and business expansion by various market leaders.
- However, product recalls in the market are likely to hamper the global breast reconstruction market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market for breast reconstruction during the forecast period.
Rise in Prevalence of Breast Cancer to Propel Market
- The prevalence of breast cancer among women is increasing. After skin cancer, breast cancer has the highest prevalence among women across the globe. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, nearly 2 million new cases of breast cancer were reported globally in 2018.
- Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands are the top three countries in Europe with the highest rate of breast cancer. According to data provided by the Continuous Update Project Panel of World Cancer Research Fund International, the consumption of alcoholic drinks is one of the primary causes of premenopausal breast cancer.
Launch of New Products by Players to Augment Market
- Leading players in the global breast reconstruction market have launched new products such as silicone-filled breast implants, acellular dermal matrix, and tissue expanders. The usage of acellular dermal matrices in breast reconstruction has increased due to the rise in the awareness about single-stage breast reconstruction.
- For instance, in September 2018, Mentor Worldwide LLC launched the CPX4 Smooth Breast Tissue Expander in the U.S., thereby expanding the line of CPX4 Breast tissue expanders that can be used in prepectoral and submuscular breast reconstruction.
Product Recalls by Regulatory Authorities to Restrain Market
- Product recalls by regulatory authorities such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety (ANSM) affect the revenue and market share of companies. In February 2014, ANSM recalled Cereform silicone gel-filled breast implants, as the sterilization process for the manufacture of the implant was not as per the set international standards.
- Additionally, in November 2014, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) suspended the sales of Cereform. Hence, product recalls are expected to restrain the breast reconstruction market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Breast Reconstruction Market to Witness Strong Growth
- In terms of revenue, the breast reconstruction market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Factors driving the breast reconstruction market in the region are increase in awareness about breast reconstruction after mastectomy and use of acellular dermal matrix to support breast implants.
- Furthermore, geographic expansion & launch of new products by market players, product approvals in Japan and China, and increase in the number of women opting for breast reconstruction propel the breast reconstruction market in the region
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2017, Japan reported the largest number of breast reconstruction procedures in Asia Pacific, accounting for 0.3% of the procedures performed, globally. Moreover, increasing focus on women’s health and availability of technologically-advanced medical devices for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes in countries such as China, India, and Australia are expected to boost demand for breast implants. This, in turn, is likely to augment the breast reconstruction market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape in Breast Reconstruction Market
- The report also provides the profiles of leading players operating in the global breast reconstruction market. These include Allergan, Mentor Worldwide LLC (Johnson & Johnson), Sientra, Inc., GC Aesthetics, Establishment Labs S.A., POLYTECH Health & Aesthetics GmbH, RTI Surgical, Inc., Groupe Sebbin SAS, Integra LifeSciences, and Wanhe.
- Increase in the sales of breast implants is an important factor for the key players in the market to generate high revenue. The development of customized breast implants and increase in research & development activities in biologics for breast reconstruction are anticipated to create significant opportunities in the breast reconstruction market.
The global breast reconstruction market has been segmented as follows:
Global Breast Reconstruction Market by Product
- Breast Implants
- Tissue Expanders
- Acellular Dermal Matrices (ADM)
Global Breast Reconstruction Market by End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Breast Reconstruction Market by Region
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453