Pregnancy Pillow: Introduction
- Pregnancy pillow, also called maternity pillow, is used to support the back, legs, and tummy of pregnant women at the time of pregnancy. The pregnancy pillow helps the pregnant women to sleep more comfortably. This type of pillow is available in various colors, patterns, sizes and shapes such as J-shape, U-shape, etc.
- Rising incidence of restless legs syndrome and awareness about self-care during pregnancy is expected to drive the global pregnancy pillow market during the forecast period
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Pregnancy Pillow Market
- As per researchers and doctors, maintaining a correct sleeping position is very important for a pregnant woman. Several doctors advise pregnant women to sleep on their left side. Proper blood supply is required in the development of the fetus in the womb of women. Improper sleep positions could cause moderate harm or discomfort, which ultimately can cause issues for the baby. Increase in risk of stillbirth is expected to fuel the demand for pregnancy pillow market.
- Pregnancy pillow is gaining popularity around the world due to the health benefits it offers such as comfort, better sleep, ease in blood flow and oxygenation, and longer sleeping hours. Moreover, rising incidence of restless legs syndrome (RLS) among pregnant women is likely to propel the demand for pregnancy pillow and consequently, drive the market.
- Rise in awareness and concern about stillbirth has propelled the demand for pregnancy pillow. Furthermore, growing internet penetration and attractive promotions about pregnancy pillow on social media have compelled pregnant women from high income group with good spending capacity to buy the best available products.
- Most high quality pregnancy pillows are considerably expensive, which are not affordable by majority of women in developing and underdeveloped countries. These factors are estimated to restrain the market. Manufacturers are investing in research & development of pillows made from natural materials such as natural wool, kapok fiber, etc. Moreover, manufacturers are developing hypoallergenic pillows to attract more customers which in turn is expected to create a healthy demand for the pregnancy pillows during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Pregnancy Pillow Market
- In terms of region, the global pregnancy pillow market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global pregnancy pillow market due to high spending power capacity and awareness about the benefits of pregnancy pillows in the region
- North America is followed by Asia Pacific and Europe in terms of share of the global market. Rising standard of living and health concerns during pregnancy in these regions is expected to drive the pregnancy pillow market in Asia Pacific and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global pregnancy pillow market include:
- Belly Bandit
- Cozy Bump Corporation
- Leachco, Inc.
- Queen Rose
- The Boppy Company, LLC
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market: Research Scope
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by Material Filled
- Styrofoam ball
- Polyester fiber
- Others (Memory foam, etc.)
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by Shape
- J Shape
- U Shape
- Wedge-shaped pillow
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by Price
- Up to US$ 40
- US$ 40 to US$ 80
- Above US$ 80
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by End-user
- Maternity Homes
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by Distribution Channel
- E – Commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global Pregnancy Pillow Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!