Global Pregelatinized Starch Market – Overview:
The starch considered highly digestible, pregelatinized starch is a product of arrowroot, corn, potato, and wheat flour. The flaked and powdered form of the product is used in a number of industries such as food and beverages and pharmaceuticals.
It is important to note here that as demand for bakery, dairy and beverages grows, demand for pregelatinized starch also witnesses and upward growth curve. Some of the factors impacting the landscape in a positive way over the forecast period to varying degrees are outlined below:
- As lifestyle world over gets stressful and a dearth of time marks it due to hectic work schedules, nuclear families, and emergence of dual income households, demand for ready to eat foods such as dairy desserts and drinks, bakery goods and confectionary grows in tandem.
- Demand for functional foods to combine health with taste is also a hallmark of the millennial population. Additionally, there is demand for foods with longer shelf-life, and this drives demand up for frozen foods, contributing to the growth of global pregelatinized starch market, particularly over the forecast period. Players in the market are hustling to make the most of the opportunities arising here.
- Growth in geriatric population across the globe is driving demand for drugs and therapies, and as pregeltinized starch is used in capsules and tablets, demand for it will increase in step. It is pertinent to note here that the as per studies by the year 2050, one in every six people will be old – 65 and above in terms of age. Besides, by the same year people occupying the age bracket of 62 and above will be 2 billion in number. This age growup is susceptioble to various illnesses and disorders needing drugs often.
Pregelatinized starch is highly digestible starch derived from corn, potato, arrowroot and wheat flour. Pregelatinized starch is pre-cooked, dried, and ground for use in various industries. Pregelatinized starch is obtained in flake and powder form which allow products to develop viscosity. Pregelatinized starch is used in products such as baby foods, soups, and baked goods. Pregelatinized starch act as an excipients in food and pharmaceutical industry. Pregelatinized starch absorbs water quickly which helps in easy digestion therefore it is used as disintegrant. Pregelatinized starch acts as food stabilizer to help increases shelf life of food products. Pregelatinized starch is a non-GMO ingredient. Pregelatinized starch is used in industries such as beverage industry, dairy industry, bakery industry etc. which drives market demand.
Market Segmentation: Pregelatinized starch
The pregelatinized starch market is segmented on the basis of application in industries such as food industry, cosmetic industry, pharmaceutical industry etc. In food industry, pregelatinized starch is used as food thickener or stabilizer in food products such as instant puddings, soup mixes, pie fillings salad dressing, candy etc., thus growth of food and beverage industry is driving market demand for pregelatinized starch. Pregelatinized starch have applications in food industry such as in baby food, bakery, confectionary, dairy desserts and drinks, frozen foods, functional drinks, powdered foods, sauces etc. In cosmetics industry, pregelatinized starch is used as an additive ingredient in cosmetic products, increasing demand for cosmetics product is fueling demand for pregelatinized starch, and cosmetics market segment is expected to grow significantly. In pharmaceutical industry, pregelatinized starch is used as capsule and tablet diluent, capsule disintegrant, binder and a glidant which allows starch to absorb water easily allowing tablets to disintegrate properly.
The pregelatinized starch market is further segmented on the basis of source as corn, potato, arrowroot and wheat flour. Corn starch is major source of pregelatinized starch used in food industry as a thickening agent or binder. Potato starch and wheat flour are used in instant soups and noodles as an ingredients for additional nutrition and thickening agent. Thus demand from base applications is expected to grow at significantly and global market for pregelatinized starch market is expected to grow.
The Pregelatinized starch market is segmented on the basis of regions as North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific.
Global Pregelatinized starch Market: Regional Outlook
Depending on geographies global pregelatinized starch market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. North America dominates the global pregelatinized starch market while Asia Pacific is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period. On the basis of consumption North America is leading market and expected to grow over the forecast period. Cosmetic industries are establishing in Europe region which is expected to give boost for demand of pregelatinized starch in global market. Increasing use of pregelatinized starch in pharmaceutical industry is growing therefore gaining interest in global market.
Global Pregelatinized starch Market: Drivers and Trends
As a result of application of pregelatinized starch in various industries such as food industry, cosmetic industry, pharmaceutical industry etc. is fueling demand for pregelatinized starch in global market. Pregelatinized starch is used in cosmetic as an additive ingredient which is driving market demand for pregelatinized starch in global market. Pregelatinized starch is used in preparation of tablets as binding agent or tablet diluent makes it popular in pharmaceutical manufacturers in turn fueling growth of pregelatinized starch market. Easy availability of corn starch, wheat flour, potato starch is as raw material is reason for increased consumption and production of pregelatinized starch in consumers on daily basis.
Global Pregelatinized starch: Key Players
Some of the key players identified across the value chain of the global pregelatinized starch market include Cargill Incorporated, Tate & Lyle, Visco Starch, Galam, Grain Processing Corporation, S A Pharmachem Pvt Ltd., Banpong Tapioca Flour Industrial Co Ltd., Crest Cellulose, DFE Pharma, Karandikars Cashell Private Limited etc. are amongst.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.