Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
Preeclampsia is a disorder that generally develops late in pregnancy, after week 20, and is characterized by a sudden onset of high blood pressure, severe swelling of the hands and face, and signs that some organs may not be working normally, including protein in the urine. Regular blood and urine tests, such as assessing platelet counts, liver enzymes, kidney function, and urinary protein levels to determine if the condition is progressing, are the main factors for diagnosis of pre-eclampsia disease. Pre-eclampsia can cause the placenta to detach and/or the baby to be born too early, increasing the risk of health issues for the baby soon after birth. When preeclampsia becomes severe, it can cause serious complications for the mother and the fetus.
Key Drivers of Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market
Rising incidences of pre-eclampsia globally
The incidence of pre-eclampsia, a precursor to eclampsia, varies greatly worldwide. WHO estimates the incidence of preeclampsia to be seven times higher in developing countries (2.8% of live births) than in developed countries (0.4%). According to American Heart Association, Inc., the greatest morbidity and mortality, preeclampsia affects 5% to 7% of all pregnant women; however, it is responsible for over 70 000 maternal deaths and 500 000 fetal deaths worldwide every year. According to Swiss Medical Weekly, risks for developing pre-eclampsia include nulliparity, prior pre-eclampsia, pre-existing hypertension, renal disease, gestational or pre-existing diabetes mellitus, and a family history of pre-eclampsia, maternal age of ≥35 years, multiple gestation, obesity, and a long interpregnancy interval.
Rise in Prevalence of Lifestyle Diseases
According to the American Diabetes Association, cardiovascular disease (including stroke), cancer, and diabetes account for approximately two-thirds of the total deaths in the U.S. and US$ 700 billion in direct and indirect economic costs each year. These diseases undermine health, shorten life expectancy, cause enormous suffering and disability, and incur high economic cost. The doctor may recommend a daily low-dose aspirin (81 milligrams) beginning after 12 weeks of pregnancy. Patients also might benefit from calcium supplements to prevent preeclampsia.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global pre-eclampsia disease treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market owing to rise in incidence of preeclampsia in the region during the forecast period. Governments of countries in Europe are focused on launching awareness programs for prevention of preeclampsia, and diagnostics and treatment of women suffering from the disease.
- The pre-eclampsia disease treatment market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand for newer and advanced diagnostics tools, increase in research and development programs, and participation of governments in creating awareness about the disease are expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market
The global pre-eclampsia disease treatment market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global pre-eclampsia disease treatment market include:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- DRG INSTRUMENTS GMBH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Diabetomics, Inc.
- Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd.
- Sera Prognostics
- Siemens Healthineers AG
Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market, by Test Type
- Blood Tests
- Urine Analysis
Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market, by Product Type
Global Pre-Eclampsia Disease Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.