Predisposition Biomarkers Market: Overview
- Biomarkers have received vast clinical and scientific value and interest in the practice of medicine. They are potentially useful along the whole spectrum of the disease process. Biomarkers can be used for screening and risk assessment. Furthermore, they can be used to determine and monitor the recurrent diseases.
- Advances in genomics, proteomics, and molecular pathology have generated many candidate biomarkers with potential clinical value. Genetic predisposition, also known as genetic susceptibility, is characterized as an increased likelihood of developing a health disorder based on the presence of a particular biomarker. For instance, a patient with increased susceptibility to breast cancer is determined by the presence of the BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 genes.
- Genetic testing is considered for disease risk when an individual has a family or personal history that indicates an inherited risk for a particular health condition. Genetic markers, in particular, play a vital role in understanding disease risk. This is now widely accepted that a majority of complex disorders, including cancers, arise not from single gene-variants or single exposures; but rather from the interplay between an individual’s genetic susceptibilities and their personal exposures.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Predisposition Biomarkers Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market
- Advancements in diagnostic techniques, rise in burden of diseases, and need for novel diagnostic techniques are expected to drive the global predisposition biomarkers market
- Fast and progressive growth in the field of pharmaceutical and biotechnology drives the development of innovative and powerful sensing technique for detection and process optimization of biomolecules at very low concentrations. Moreover, increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiac disorders has boosted the growth of predisposition biomarkers.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounted for 8.8 million deaths in 2015. Globally, 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. As per the WHO, an estimated 17.9 million people died from cardiovascular diseases in 2016, representing 31% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, 85% are due to heart attack and stroke. Hence, rise in prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases and need for personalized medicine are expected to drive the predisposition biomarkers market during the forecast period.
- Increase in technological advances in instruments and biomarker detection techniques are some of the factors anticipated to drive the global predisposition biomarkers market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in research & development activities in the field of diagnostics; adoption of advanced testing techniques and presence of major players in life sciences industry; large number of research institutes; and growing need for new and improved therapies to address medical conditions are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has improved the health care infrastructure and accessibility to innovative products and health care services. Moreover, rise in incidence of non-communicable and chronic diseases along with aging population and increase in disposable income are expected to drive the predisposition biomarkers market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Predisposition Biomarkers Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market
Major players operating in the global predisposition biomarkers market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Danaher Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Myriad Genetics
Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market: Research Scope
Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market, by Application
- Metabolic Diseases
- Neurological Diseases
- Cardiac Diseases
Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market, by End-user
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic Research Institutes
Global Predisposition Biomarkers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.