Global Postoperative Pain Management Market: Overview
Post-operative pain management refers to a set of drugs and therapies used to minimize tissue and muscle spasm in the patient. This is particularly helpful for the patients who have undergone surgery. The increase in number of surgery across the globe is a primary factor behind the rapid growth of the global postoperative pain management market.
Transparency Market Research is coming out with report on the global postoperative pain management market that sheds light on the prevailing and upcoming trends. These will be crucial for existing and upcoming players in the global market.
Global Postoperative Pain Management Market: Notable Developments
Some of the notable developments in the postoperative pain management market are
- FDA has released several standard for the manufacturing of abuse-deterrent opioids in the U.S. This is expected to help manufacturer clarify FDA regulation easily. This could offer a boost to the postoperative pain management market.
- Introduction of non-opioid drugs with higher ability to relief patients from postoperative pain for a longer period of time. This is expected to increase the adoption of postoperative pain management drugs in the market. This is expected to fuel the global postoperative pain management market in the coming years.
Apart from the above, some of the prominent players operating in the postoperative pain management market are Novartis AG, Allergan plc.,Pfizer Inc., Mylan N.V., Purdue Pharma L.P, Endo International plc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc., Egalet Corporation., and GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
Global Postoperative Pain Management Market: Key Growth Dynamics
The global postoperative pain management market is rising at a significant pace and this is mainly because of the continuously growing population and increasing awareness about surgical treatments in cancer and other chronic diseases. These are expected is expected to impel demand in the postoperative pain management market.
Apart from this, factors like changing healthcare scenario and growing awareness about postsurgical pain and trauma is expected to boost the global postoperative pain management market.
As per a recent data released by WHO, it is estimated that nearly 234.2 million surgical procedures were performed in 2014. And among them, approximately around 60-70% have complained of moderate to severe pain just after 24 hours of surgery. All these patients required to be treated with postoperative pain management drugs.
Further, there is a significant rise in number of patients undergoing surgical procedures in the last few years. Patients who underwent undergone surgery require the administration of postoperative pain management drugs within 24 hours of the surgical procedure to reduce moderate to severe postoperative pain. This has led to spur in the demand for postoperative pain management drugs in the global market.
Lastly, favorable FDA regulation in the U.S. has helped manufacturers develop advanced opioids with abuse-deterrent properties. Several pharmaceutical companies are incorporating abuse-deterrent technologies to manufacture pain management drugs with novel formulations that are safe for consumption by patients without harmful side effects. The continuously developing abuse deterrent formulation, which offers the manufacturer an edge in postoperative pain management market is likely to propel the postoperative pain management market.
Global Postoperative Pain Management Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of region, North America is expected to hold a major share in the global postoperative pain management market. This is mainly because of a surge in number of surgeries in the region. Furthermore, presence of key manufacturers in the region is another factor behind the growth of the postoperative pain management market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.