Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market: Introduction
- Ultrasound imaging creates images of the interior of the body by using sound waves. It is used to detect the reasons of discomfort, swelling, and infection in the body's internal organs as well as to inspect a pregnant woman's baby and an infant's brain and hips. It is also utilized to aid in the guidance of biopsies, the diagnosis of cardiac problems, and the assessment of damage following a heart attack. Because of its mobility, portable ultrasound devices are being customized to satisfy expanding commercial demand in the contemporary context. These machines have several advantages, including the elimination of stress associated with patients having to wait hours for a check-up or having to go from one location to another where gadgets are accessible.
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market: Key Trends
- Increase in usage of devices drives the global portable ultrasound scanner market. The device supports instant diagnosis and does not require dedicated space, which helps during severe medical environments such as the emergency room (ER) and intensive care unit (ICU) where patients are extremely vulnerable to being taken from one room to another for further diagnosis. Moreover, patient involvement, real-time imaging, and improved patient convenience boost the growth for the global portable ultrasound devices market. However, high cost of portable ultrasound systems is anticipated to restrain the global portable ultrasound devices market. Moreover, shortage of dedicated training programs and progress of market dependent on ambulatory/remote patient care infrastructure are expected to hamper the growth of the global market in the next few years.
- The global portable ultrasound scanners market is driven by increase in the incidence of targeted illnesses, rise in trauma & accident cases, surge in demand for less invasive operations, and emergence of a senior population at high risk of diseases. Moreover, several scanner features such as lower cost than traditional scanners, wireless system, potable, automated, retains privacy, high quality transducer, reduced diagnostic time, and effective utilization in point-of-care and remote diagnosis are likely to drive the global market. Furthermore, increase in government and private sector expenditure on health care infrastructure is projected to fuel the growth of the global portable ultrasound scanner market during the forecast period. However, considerable levels of government laws and regulations and shortage of competent employees are the key restraints of the global market. Emerging economies such as India, China, Mexico, and Brazil are anticipated to create new opportunities in the global portable ultrasound scanner market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global portable ultrasound device industry during the forecast period. This is ascribed to upgraded health infrastructure, rise in illness & infection prevalence, increase in emphasis on the creation of novel goods, and surge in the number of regional enterprises manufacturing portable ultrasound equipment.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to improved health care infrastructure, rise in disposable income, and increase in public awareness
Key Players Operating in Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market
Major players operating in the global portable ultrasound scanner market are:
- Fujifilm SonoSite, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Shenzhen Mindray
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Samsung Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Fukuda Denshi Co. Ltd.
- Other prominent players
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market, by Technology
- 2D Ultrasound
- 3D & 4D Ultrasound
- Doppler Ultrasound
- High-intensity Focused Ultrasound
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market, by Type of Device
- Mobile Ultrasound Device
- Handheld Ultrasound Device
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market, by Application
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Diagnostic & Surgical Centers
- Maternity Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Research and Academic Institutes
Global Portable Ultrasound Scanner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!