Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: Introduction
- Portable ultrasound bladder scanner products are portable ultrasound devices that use automated technology to digitally record the volume of the bladder, including the volume of the post-void residual, and provide three-dimensional images of the urinary bladder. The primary clinical application of portable ultrasound bladder scanner, as a diagnostic aid, is to assess post void residual volume and avoid needless catheterization.
- The global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market is expected to be driven by an increase in urological disease prevalence, surge in acceptance of non-invasive, painless diagnostic procedures, enhanced ultrasound bladder scanner performance, and improved patient comfort and protection. Additionally, a rise in the demand for connected visualization devices for diagnostic applications is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- According to a study published by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) in 2018, globally there were around 8.1 million visits to healthcare professionals per year for urinary tract infection (UTI). It is estimated that UTIs are associated with more than 13,000 deaths per year and approximately 80% of UTIs is caused by catheterization, known as catheter-associated urinary tract infection. This has contributed to a rise in the demand for non-invasive procedures, such as bladder scanning, which in turn is expected to propel the global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market.
- Demand for bladder scanners is increasing due to the benefit of portability. Moreover, rise in awareness about urological conditions is fueling the demand for portable ultrasound bladder scanner procedures. Rise in demand for non-invasive painless procedures is also expected to boost the global market for portable ultrasound bladder scanners.
- Portable bladder ultrasound systems are automated; hence, they can also be used in bladder biofeedback studies and post-operative urinary incontinence monitoring. Portable ultrasound bladder scanner devices with advanced features are attracting healthcare professionals and patients, and the trend is expected to continue at a moderate pace during the forecast period. A rise in the demand for portable ultrasound bladder scanners is further expected to increase the emphasis on user-friendly diagnostic procedures during the forecast period.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- North America holds a leading share of the global market. Almost 45% of the global market size is reflected by North America and Western Europe. Effective compensation strategies and a large concentration of popular players such as C.R. Bard, Inc. and Laborie Medical Technologies Inc., contribute to the market share. The primary drivers of the market players remain hospitals and diagnostic centers.
- Rise in demand from India and China, however, is estimated to propel the market in Asia Pacific at a significant pace in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
The global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market include:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- dBMEDx Inc.
- Verathon Inc.
- SRS Medical Systems Inc.
- Laborie Medical Technologies Inc.
- Echo Son SA
- Signostics Inc.
- Sonostar Technologies Co., Limited
- Caresono Technology Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare Inc.
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: by Product Type
- 2D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
- 3D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
- 4D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by Distribution channel
- Online distribution channel
- Offline distribution channel
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.