Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: Introduction
- Portable ultrasound bladder scanner products are portable ultrasound devices that use automated technology to digitally record the volume of the bladder, including the volume of the post-void residual, and provide three-dimensional images of the urinary bladder. The primary clinical application of portable ultrasound bladder scanner, as a diagnostic aid, is to assess post void residual volume and avoid needless catheterization.
- The global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market is expected to be driven by an increase in urological disease prevalence, surge in acceptance of non-invasive, painless diagnostic procedures, enhanced ultrasound bladder scanner performance, and improved patient comfort and protection. Additionally, a rise in the demand for connected visualization devices for diagnostic applications is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- According to a study published by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) in 2018, globally there were around 8.1 million visits to healthcare professionals per year for urinary tract infection (UTI). It is estimated that UTIs are associated with more than 13,000 deaths per year and approximately 80% of UTIs is caused by catheterization, known as catheter-associated urinary tract infection. This has contributed to a rise in the demand for non-invasive procedures, such as bladder scanning, which in turn is expected to propel the global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market.
- Demand for bladder scanners is increasing due to the benefit of portability. Moreover, rise in awareness about urological conditions is fueling the demand for portable ultrasound bladder scanner procedures. Rise in demand for non-invasive painless procedures is also expected to boost the global market for portable ultrasound bladder scanners.
- Portable bladder ultrasound systems are automated; hence, they can also be used in bladder biofeedback studies and post-operative urinary incontinence monitoring. Portable ultrasound bladder scanner devices with advanced features are attracting healthcare professionals and patients, and the trend is expected to continue at a moderate pace during the forecast period. A rise in the demand for portable ultrasound bladder scanners is further expected to increase the emphasis on user-friendly diagnostic procedures during the forecast period.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- North America holds a leading share of the global market. Almost 45% of the global market size is reflected by North America and Western Europe. Effective compensation strategies and a large concentration of popular players such as C.R. Bard, Inc. and Laborie Medical Technologies Inc., contribute to the market share. The primary drivers of the market players remain hospitals and diagnostic centers.
- Rise in demand from India and China, however, is estimated to propel the market in Asia Pacific at a significant pace in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
The global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market include:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- dBMEDx Inc.
- Verathon Inc.
- SRS Medical Systems Inc.
- Laborie Medical Technologies Inc.
- Echo Son SA
- Signostics Inc.
- Sonostar Technologies Co., Limited
- Caresono Technology Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare Inc.
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market: by Product Type
- 2D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
- 3D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
- 4D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by Distribution channel
- Online distribution channel
- Offline distribution channel
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!