Porcelain Insulators: Introduction
- Porcelain insulators are made from a refined, white clay (kaolin) and are fired at temperatures as high as 2,600° Fahrenheit.
- Porcelain material is denser and less absorbent than ceramic material; therefore, it can easily withstand moisture and harsher weather conditions.
- Growing investments in the refurbishment and replacement of aging electrical infrastructure across developed economies coupled with a rise in adoption of smart grid technologies boost the global porcelain insulators market.
- The two types of porcelain insulators are breakdown type and non-breakdown type. They are used in various applications such as low voltage line, high voltage line, and power plants, substations.
Rise in Demand for Low Voltage Line
- The low voltage line segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in construction of residential and small-scale commercial establishments along with ongoing rural electrification is projected to boost the demand for the global low voltage line porcelain insulators during the forecast period.
- Moreover, expansion of electrical infrastructure in developing countries across the world along with increasing commercialization and urbanization propels the market
- Certain physical properties of porcelain, such as high mechanical strength, minimal leakage current, corrosion resistance, and negligible effect of temperature change, are key factors that are estimated to boost the demand for porcelain insulators during the forecast period
- Increasing R&D expenditure on modernization of grid networks in response to increased electricity demand further propels the porcelain insulator market
- Rise in grey market products of low quality and volatility in raw material prices are major restraints of the global porcelain insulators market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Porcelain Insulators Market
- In terms of region, the global porcelain insulators market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global porcelain insulators market during the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of porcelain insulators operate in the region
- Increase in demand for electricity, ongoing rural electrification programs, and expansion of the industrial sector have boosted the demand for power in countries in Asia such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India. Moreover, an increase in government efforts toward a clean energy economy increases investments in the power transmission infrastructure, which in turn propels the porcelain insulators market.
- Regulatory efforts toward renewable power integration and clean energy economy are estimated to propel the demand for porcelain insulators in the region
- North America holds the second-largest share of the global porcelain insulators market due to the replacement and refurbishment of existing infrastructure, which is a major requirement in the local power T&D scenario.
- The porcelain insulators market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to smart grid technologies gaining momentum, particularly among European Union (EU) countries. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Porcelain Insulators Market
The global porcelain insulators market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to cater to the rising demand for porcelain insulators. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global porcelain insulators market are listed below:
- Siemens AG
- Shenma Power
- Meister International
- China XD Group
- Dalian Insulator
- Victor Insulators
- ZPE ZAPEL S.A.
- Aditya Birla Insulator
- Yixing Yigang Precision Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Akron Porcelain & Plastics Co.
- Metsch Refractories Inc.
- Nanjing Electric Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- Cji Porcelain Private Limited
- National Switchgears
Global Porcelain Insulators Market: Research Scope
Global Porcelain Insulators Market, by Product Type
- Breakdown Type
- Non Breakdown Type
Global Porcelain Insulators Market, by Insulator Shape
- Pin Insulators
- Round Insulators
- Disc Insulators
Global Porcelain Insulators Market, by Application
- Low Voltage Line
- High Voltage Line
- Power Plants
Global Porcelain Insulators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!