Pomalidomide Market: Introduction
- Pomalidomide is a cancer medicine used in the treatment of multiple myeloma (a cancer of the bone marrow). It is also used in combination with bortezomib (i.e. cancer medicine) and dexamethasone (an anti-inflammatory medicine) in geriatric patients who have received at least one treatment including lenalidomide (another cancer medicine). It is also used in combination with dexamethasone in geriatric patients who have received at least two prior therapies, including both bortezomib, & lenalidomide whose disease has worsened. Pomalidomide is used to treat various types of cancers including multiple myeloma, Kaposi sarcoma etc. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells or carcinoma cells.
- Pomalidomide directly stop angiogenesis and myeloma cell growth. This dual effect is central to its activity in myeloma or cancerous cells, rather than other pathways including TNF alpha inhibition, since potent TNF inhibitors involves pentoxifylline & rolipram do not inhibit myeloma cell growth or angiogenesis. Up regulation of IL-2, interferon gamma and IL-10 as well as down regulation of IL-6 have been observed by pomalidomide. These changes may contribute to pomalidomide's anti-myeloma & anti-angiogenic activities.
- The pomalidomide market can be segmented based on type, indication, end-user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized into 1mg Tablets, 2mg Tablets & 4mg Tablets. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals, clinics & others. In terms of indication, the market can be categorized into AIDS, Kaposi sarcoma, Cancer, Multiple myeloma, and others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Pomalidomide Market
- Rise in burden of cancer, multiple sclerosis, and autoimmune disease, together with growing FDA, fuels the global pomalidomide market. Pomalidomide is majorly utilized in the treatment of relapsing and remitting forms of cancer and AIDS. Pomalidomide is a capable candidate for the treatment of HIV AIDS. The role of pomalidomide among the increasing number of treatment options is estimated to further boost demand. It is promising for other diseases such as Kaposi sarcoma & myeloma.
- Pomalidomide could even causes harm to unborn babies when administered during pregnancy, women consuming pomalidomide must not become pregnant. A "Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy" (REMS) program was developed to avoid the embryo-fetal exposure and ensure pregnancy prevention or distribution of the drug to those who are or might become pregnant. Women must produce two negative pregnancy tests and even utilize contraception methods before beginning pomalidomide. Women must commit either to abstain continuously from heterosexual sexual intercourse or to use two methods of reliable birth control, beginning four weeks prior to initiating the starting treatment with pomalidomide, during therapy, during dose interruptions and continuing for four weeks following discontinuation of pomalidomide therapy.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Pomalidomide Market
The higher cases of multiple myeloma in the U.S. is a key factor responsible for the dominance of North America. According to statistics by the American Cancer Society around 32,110 cases of multiple myeloma were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2019, while around 12,960 deaths occurred in the same year. Rise in cases of multiple myeloma is boosting the pomalidomide market in the region. Moreover, the favorable reimbursement structure is also estimated to propel the market. Additionally, the presence of a majority of key drug manufacturers is further fueling the market. However, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to the rising patient base. Furthermore, increasing rate of adoption of pomalidomide in the region as well as the support from governments along with non-government organizations, is anticipated to boost the pomalidomide market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Pomalidomide Market
The global pomalidomide market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Pomalidomide market are:
- Natco Pharma
- Intas Pharmaceuticals
- Indiabulls Pharmaceutical
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Reddy's Laboratories
- Qilu Pharmaceutical
- Chia Tai-Tianqing
- Hanson Pharm
- Meidakang Huakang Pharmaceutical
- Shandong Kongfu Pharmaceutical
- SL PHARM
Global Pomalidomide Market: Research Scope
Global Pomalidomide Market, by Form
- 1mg Tablets
- 2mg Tablets
- 4mg Tablets
Global Pomalidomide Market, by Indication
- Kaposi sarcoma
- Multiple myeloma
Global Pomalidomide Market, by End-user
Global Pomalidomide Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.