Polyurethane Composites Market: Overview
- Demand for lightweight materials in industries such as aerospace, wind power energy, sports & leisure, petrochemicals, electrical & electronics and building & construction has been increasing since the last few years
- Polyurethanes are versatile materials, which can be formed into rigid and flexible foams, and elastomers. Adhesives are now widely used as engineering materials in many industries.
- Polyurethanes composites play a major role in lightweight materials. These composites are made up of paper honeycombs that are covered by a combination of polyurethane and reinforcing fibers.
- These composites are ideal for body shell parts, which are more than two meters in size, as these possess greater stability
- Polyurethane composites are lightweight and possess good acoustic & heat-insulating properties and excellent 3-D moldability
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Polyurethane Composites Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Polyurethane Composites Market
- Polyurethane composites possess certain characteristics such as resistance to heat, lightness of weight, stability, durability, and flexibility. This is driving their demand in end-use applications such as transportation and building & construction.
- Increased Consumption of waste products developed from polyurethane composites that are used for recycling purposes and are used as flakes, pallets and powders. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global polyurethane composites market during the forecast period.
Glass Fiber Segment to Expand Rapidly
- The glass fiber segment accounted for major share of the polyurethane composites market in 2018. It is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Glass fiber possesses properties such as superior strength, lightness of weight, durability, and flexibility. This makes it better choice in polyurethane composites.
Lay-up to be Major Segment
- Polyurethane composites can be manufactured using processes such as compression molding, filament winding, injection molding, resin transfer molding, pultrusion, and lay-up
- Lay-up segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth of the lay-up segment can be ascribed to its easy manufacturing process and lower cost than other manufacturing processes.
Transportation Segment to Expand Significantly
- Transportation accounted for major share of the global polyurethane composites market in 2018. It is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the global polyurethane composites market during the forecast period.
- Polyurethane composites possess characteristics such as lightness of weight and superior mechanical & physical properties. Therefore, demand for polyurethane composites in the automotive industry has been increasing in order to reduce the weight of vehicles and increasing their efficiency. This is estimated to drive the transportation segment during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Polyurethane Composites Market here
North America to Hold Major Share
- Geographically, the global polyurethane composites market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The polyurethane composites market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- Increase in use of polyurethane composites in the aerospace industry in North America is expected to propel the market in the region
- Growth in the automotive industry in Europe is fueling the demand for polyurethane composites market. The polyurethane composites market in the region is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period.
- Manufacturing, automotive, building & construction, and transportation industries are projected to expand at a rapid pace in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific in the near future due to the growth in population, rise in per capita income, and changing lifestyle. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the polyurethane composites market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players in Market:
Prominent players operating in the polyurethane composites market include
- BASF SE
- Hexcel Corporation
- SGL Carbon
- Bayer AG
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Wanhua Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Owens Corning
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Huntsman Corporation
Global Polyurethane Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Polyurethane Composites Market, by Product Type
- Carbon Fiber
- Glass Fiber
Global Polyurethane Composites Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Compression Molding
- Filament Winding
- Injection Molding
- Resin Transfer Molding
Lay-up Global Polyurethane Composites Market, by End-use
- Aerospace & Defense
- Wind Power Energy
- Sports & Leisure
- Electrical & Electronics
- Building & Construction
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.