Polyol Sweeteners: Introduction
- Polyol is a natural sugar-free sweetener. It is a group of low digestible carbohydrates that can be used as sugar replacers. Polyols are used in the same amount of sugar, unlike other low-calorie sweeteners.
- Polyols are also called sugar alcohols. They are used as food ingredients in an increasing variety of sugar-free and low-calorie foods and beverages for their health benefits.
- Rise in consumer demand for low-calorie and healthier food & beverage products is fuelling the polyol sweeteners market. Increase in disposable income and improvement in lifestyles are also propelling the polyol sweeteners market. Growth in awareness regarding the functionalities of polyol sweeteners in pharmaceutical applications is further estimated to fuel the polyol sweeteners market.
Polyol Sweeteners Market: Segments
- The polyol sweeteners market can be segmented based on type, form, function, application, and region
- Based on type, the polyol sweeteners market can be divided into sorbitol, erythritol, maltitol, and others
- Based on form, the polyol sweeteners market can be classified into powder and liquid
- Based on function, the polyol sweeteners market can be segregated into flavoring & sweetening agents, bulking agents, humectants, and others
- In terms of application, the global polyol sweeteners market can be split into food & beverages, personal care & cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Polyol Sweeteners Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to combat the pandemic such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and closure of various factories and workplaces in several countries can help save lives. However, these measures carry wide-ranging economic effects, thus inducing an economic contagion.
- Shortage in supply of raw materials from various manufacturers of polyol sweeteners around the globe has resulted in a severe demand-supply gap. Manufacturers are further expected to be stranded on raw material orders owing to the logistics industry being significantly impacted due to the lockdown amid COVID-19.
- The shutdown in various countries across the globe has prohibited import of various components, including additives and raw materials, required for improving performance, thereby hampering application industries
Asia Pacific to Dominate Polyol Sweeteners Market
- In terms of geography, the global polyol sweeteners market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to lead the market during the forecast period. Demand for polyol sweeteners in the region is projected to exhibit promising growth over the next few years due to the rise in demand for natural ingredients and rapid expansion of the the personal care industry in countries such as Italy, France, and Germany. The processing of polyol sweeteners primarily takes place in Denmark and France. Norway and the Netherlands are also expected to contribute significantly to the polyol sweeteners market in Europe. Growth of the market in Europe can also be ascribed to favorable government policies.
- China, India, and Japan are leading the polyol sweeteners market in Asia Pacific due to the increase in demand for cosmetic products in these countries
- North America is the emerging region of the polyol sweeteners market. Increase in population, changing lifestyle, and improvement in disposable income are boosting the polyol sweeteners market in the region.
- Demand for polyol sweeteners is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by growth in standard of living of the people in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polyol Sweeteners Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global polyol sweeteners market include:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Sweeteners Plus, LLC
- B Food Science Co., Ltd.
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd.
- Ingredion Inc.
- Roquette Frères
- PT. Ecogreen Oleochemicals
- Mitsubishi Corporation Life Sciences Ltd.
- SPI Pharma
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market: Research Scope
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market, by Type
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market, by Form
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market, by Function
- Flavoring & Sweetening Agents
- Bulking Agents
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.