Polymeric Nanoparticles Market: Introduction
Polymeric nanoparticles consist of polymers having nanoparticles dispersed in the matrix. This dispersion is done by in-situ polymerization and melt compounding technology, which results in enhanced properties of the material. Polymeric nanoparticles possess properties such as high heat resistance, high electrical conductivity, and enhanced dimensional stability. Polymeric nanoparticles has major applications in the automobile, electronics, aerospace, food packaging, pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market
- The global polymeric nanoparticles market is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to expansion of the automotive industry and rise in preference for nanoparticles in electronics manufacturing. Increase in applications of nanoparticles in automotive components such as tires, body panels, engine parts, and headlamp covers are anticipated to drive the global market. Polymeric nanoparticles are gaining traction in a range of electronic products including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and personal data assistants. Increase in disposable income in emerging economies of Asia Pacific has led to increase in demand for mobile phones and laptops. This is anticipated to propel the global polymeric nanoparticles market in the next few years.
- Polymeric nanoparticles have been extensively used in the pharmaceutical and medical fields as particulate carriers because these provide promising results in drug delivery systems due to their controlled and sustained release properties, subcellular size, and biocompatibility with tissue and cells.
- Characteristics such as biodegradability, compact size, water-solubility, non-toxicity, long shelf life, and storage stability allow polymeric nanoparticles a point-of-interest in transporting medications, enzymes, and DNA or genes to particular targeted tissue or organ. Therefore, these are utilized in the medical field in anticancer treatment, diagnostics, vaccination, and other applications. The healthcare industry in Asia Pacific and North America is growing due to the rollout of public health care programs and rise in consumer wealth, which propels health care spending. These factors are likely to boost the demand for polymeric nanoparticles in the near future.
- Research & development to incorporate polymeric nanoparticles in medical devices and drug delivery systems is projected to open up new application avenues for the market. Increase in application scope is anticipated to provide market participants with opportunities during the forecast period. Stringent regulatory policies regarding polymers is expected to be a key restraint of the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market
- In terms of region, the global polymeric nanoparticles market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America witnessed significant increase in demand for polymeric nanoparticles in the past few years, especially in countries such as the U.S. and Canada. Formulation of antimicrobial phytochemicals utilizing polymer nanoparticles enhances their properties such as improved water solubility, controlled escape, decreased cytotoxicity, and improved antimicrobial activity. Increase in therapeutic phytochemicals for the synthesis of chemical drugs and pharmaceuticals is projected to boost the growth of the market in North America. Advancement in technology and increase in investment in research & development with funding from the government drive the polymeric nanoparticles market in the region.
- The U.S. was the largest consumer of polymeric nanoparticles in 2020, followed by Europe. Technological advances and increase in applications are anticipated to fuel the growth of the market in the U.S. Major automobile manufacturers in countries in Europe are bound by government regulations to develop light weight vehicles and reduce carbon emissions. This is expected to boost the demand for polymeric nanoparticles in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a higher CAGR owing to increase in regulatory support and mobilization of public sector funds in nanotechnology research.
Key Players Operating in Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market
The major players operating in the global polymeric nanoparticles market are:
- Arkema Group
- BASF SE
- 3M ESPE
- DSM Somos
- Cabot Corporation
- Elementis Specialties, Inc.
- Cyclics Corporation
- Hybrid Plastics
- Inframat Corporation
- Nanocor Incorporated
- Nanophase Technologies Corporation
- Zyvex Technologies
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc.
- Nanoledge SA
- Aphios Corporation
- CD Bioparticles
- Degradex (Phospherex, Inc.)
- Precision NanoSystems
Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market: Research Scope
Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by Type
Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by End-user
Global Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.