Polymer Clay Market: Introduction
- Polymer clay is a synthetic clay-like material made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plasticizer, resin, and pigment. The raw form of polymer clay is malleable; thus, it can be converted into any shape. The raw polymer clay is fired so as the PVC particles fuse together to make the material hard and rigid.
- Expansion in the global toy industry due to the downfall of brick and mortar shopping along with emergence of e-commerce and dual-income households has augmented the demand for advanced toys materials. This, in turn, is driving the demand for polymer clay across the globe.
- Rise in popularity of polymer clay in applications such as Do it Yourself (DIY) and Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW) is also anticipated to fuel the polymer clay market in the near future. However, potential dangers and risks associated with unsafe toys may create challenges for the polymer clay market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Demand for Jewelry-making Industry to Drive Polymer Clay Market
- Currently, the consumer preference for jewelry is changing rapidly, as per the fashion trends. End-consumers have become choosy due to the availability of number of alternatives in brick & mortar retail shops and e-commerce platforms.
- Improvement of lifestyle owing to the increase in disposable income and penetration of Internet primarily in emerging economies have augmented the demand for modern jewelry
- Polymer clay acts as a raw material for imitation jewelry due to its cost effectiveness and performance properties. Thus, increase in demand for polymer clay in the jewelry-making industry is anticipated fuel the demand for polymer clay during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Hold Key Share of Global Polymer Clay Market
- In terms of region, the polymer clay market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to hold major share of the global polymer clay market during the forecast period. Presence of well-established toy industry in the U.S., constant demand of end-users for DIY activities, and increase in usage of Internet in craft and lifestyle activities are boosting the market in the region.
- Rise in consumption of jewelry items and toys due to improvement of lifestyle in Asia Pacific owing to the increase in disposable income in emerging economies is anticipated to fuel the demand for polymer clay in the region during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Market
The polymer clay market is highly fragmented with the presence of various global and local players. Key players operating in the global market are striving to set up production facilities in Asia Pacific due to low raw material costs and easy availability of labor. Prominent players operating in the global polymer clay market include:
- Van Aken International
- The Clay & Paint Factory
- Staedtler Mars
- Polyform Products
- American Art Clay
- Viva Decor
Global Polymer Clay Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Clay Market, by Form
Global Polymer Clay Market, by Application
- Jewelry Making
- Arts & Sculpture Making
- Toys & Novelty Items Manufacturing
- Ceramic Products Manufacturing
Global Polymer Clay Market, by End-use
Global Polymer Clay Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.